News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Battle Creek, MI 4/20-21/2024

Started by BeeFree, April 23, 2024, 09:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeeFree

What a fabulous Patriots' Day weekend with 21 freedom-loving shooters to celebrate with!  We had everyone from Canada to Texas to all over Michigan this weekend (the International Shoot!), and shooters with years of Appleseeds already under their belts to a shooter who had never touched a rifle before (and Kaitlyn, you did great - you overcame your initial concerns and got on paper and worked out your positions and persevered and improved the entire weekend).  Saturday's AQT turned up 4 Requalifiers (Tim, Bryan (Hail, Canada!), BillWinkle, and Derek A... and one brand new Rifleman - Derek's son, Jackson, who has been pursuing that score for several years... since he was only just taller than the rifle he was shooting, I think!  So a big congratulations to Jackson!... Derek had been waiting for this moment with Jackson to take orange hats, so please welcome Derek (4 Letter Word) and Jackson (Muttonchop) to the Michigan Cadre!  We are thrilled to have you both aboard!

Sunday's weather was quite an improvement over Saturday (it's always fun to be able to tell the shooters that the temperature they are shooting in is the same temperature it was when the Redcoats hopped out of thet boats into the water at Lechmere Point).  And that nice 58F sun brought more Rifleman scores than I've seen at a shoot in several years, I think I counted 24 more!  New Riflemen were James and Dave (Congratulations!), with Bryan, Tim, Robert, Kelly, and Bill all requalifying... repeatedly!  so many shooters reached the infamous Sharpshooter plateau - Jessica, Elizabeth, Lance, Cody, Valerie, Patrick, Misty (I hope to see you all again soon so you can push right past that for score!) - and Ryan broke 200 at least 4 times (You are SO CLOSE!) while Autumn, Richard, and Scott all got well into Marksman range. It was my pleasure and a privilege to have you all on the firing line this weekend, and I hope to see you again soon!

I want to personally thank the crew this weekend, MICopperhead, NoLambo, WingWrench, DreadPirateBeBop, with help from our Texas border raider PaleRider (I really do appreciate that Third Strike!), and the most fabulous blue hats that make everything run so smoothly, Rascal21, BillWinkle, and Ewok.  I enjoyed working with everyone, and appreciate how much time, attention, and effort you put in to Appleseed in general and in making this shoot a good experience for all the students.  Last but definitely not least, a great big thank you to Battle Creek Sportsmans Club for hosting us again... and again... and again...  and providing lunch both days!  BCSC is a great range and always a pleasure to work with (because Rascal21 and BillWinkle make it that way!)

Please feel free to post your pics in the thread!

Make Orwell Fiction Again!

wingwrench

I needed to spend some time with happy, well adjusted folks thoroughly enjoying themselves. Thank you all for just being the people you are.

A little chilly on Saturday. Much, much better on Sunday.

Thank you, BeeFree for successfully playing 3-D chess to fit things in for our friends from the North. No Lambo; excellent find for the mis used sighting system Saturday morning. Excellent find!!

Good to see Mutt 'n Chop & Dad take orange hats.

MI-copperhead

Who would have thought that instructing at a Project Appleseed Rifle clinic would be good therapy for recovery from a major illness. 3 weeks prior to this event I was supposed to be working the Sturgis Appleseed but instead I was laying in a hospital bed with sepsis and bacterial pneumonia in my right lung. When I was released 3 days later I wondered if I could be recovered enough to be of any use to the Cadre working the Battle Creek event. I kept at my therapy and though on Saturday April 20th I was running on 7 of 8 cylinders, I showed up and by lunchtime when I presented First Strike I was feeling better than the 75 - 80% I started the day at. There is something about working with a great instructor crew (Bee,Rascal, Bill, Tim, Wing Wrench, NoLambo,Ewok) and a great group of participants that is the best therapy in the world.
Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
" I have'nt a man who 's afraid to go." Capt Isaac Davis
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy

BeeFree

Quote from: MI-copperhead on April 25, 2024, 04:50:41 PMWho would have thought that instructing at a Project Appleseed Rifle clinic would be good therapy for recovery from a major illness. 3 weeks prior to this event I was supposed to be working the Sturgis Appleseed but instead I was laying in a hospital bed with sepsis and bacterial pneumonia in my right lung. When I was released 3 days later I wondered if I could be recovered enough to be of any use to the Cadre working the Battle Creek event. I kept at my therapy and though on Saturday April 20th I was running on 7 of 8 cylinders, I showed up and by lunchtime when I presented First Strike I was feeling better than the 75 - 80% I started the day at. There is something about working with a great instructor crew (Bee,Rascal, Bill, Tim, Wing Wrench, NoLambo,Ewok) and a great group of participants that is the best therapy in the world.

i'm so glad you are feeling better, Earl!  And I'm glad it was the shoot that did that! 

I'm still thrilled we had so many fmaily groups on that line.  I love seeing that.
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

T. WOLF

Super happy to see you made this event, Earl - wishing you good health and a strong recovery.
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

Rascal21

What an amazing weekend it was. I have posted the photos I have here here:

Battle Creek April 2024

Hope to see you all again soon!

PaleRider

BeeFree and staff,
It was a pleasure to travel up from Texas, shoot, and help instruct with you! I had a great weekend with you and reconnecting with Rascal21, Bill, and my Canadian friends. It was also nice to get a break from the humidity we're having right now. You all have a great program, and the event was run very efficiently and professionally. You're always invited down to one of our events or just to visit.
Huzzah, and Remember the Alamo ;D !
Tim
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8