News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

From the first Thanksgiving

Started by SamD, November 27, 2008, 05:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamD

"Our harvest being gotten in, our governor sent four men on fowling, that we might after a special manner rejoice together after we had gathered the fruit of our labors.  They four in one day killed as much fowl as, with a little help beside, served the company for almost a week.  At which time amongst other recreations, we exercised our skill at arms........

from the journal of Edward Winslow, Colonist 1621

Even a "pilgrim" knows how to enjoy a holiday at the range:
Happy thanksgiving to you all,
and may you have much to give thanks for.

Sam

glocker21

Outstanding! It really makes you think about where we came from doesn't it
Jerry
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a selfâˆ'reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese

TruTenacity

Thanks, Cal 7.62 for bringing this two year old post to our attention.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

TaosGlock

Good find. O0
I plan on getting out later to "recreate" before the sun sets.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

desertrat144

Thanks for the post.

Eatin' and shootin'- concurrent skills at the time, and somewhat frowned upon now.  who da thunk??

Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

Cal 7.62

I remember I once heard " If you like something in this program, steal it" or something to that effect. Examples are a technique, a saying, a teaching method, etc. Many times when browsing working on the forum, I'll come across little tidbits of information or inspiration and either cut,copy paste to my computer or at least remember where they were, and if all else fails, I'll use the search tool. Later on, I'll come across something that reminds me of the previous tidbit and I'll drag it out and post for benifit of all.
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Sly223

Sam, I think that would be cosidered effective!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!