News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Quick history question

Started by TheEditor, April 01, 2011, 02:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEditor

I'm short a copy of PRR.  Need to verify:  Did Paul Revere take the Northern route, and Dawes the southern route?  or is it the other way around?

TE
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

Rocket Man

Yes to the first.  Paul Revere rowed north across Boston Harbor to Charleston and then headed west, whereas Dawes went south, through the town gate and along Boston Neck.  Revere had confederates in Charleston, whereas Dawes frequently passed by the Neck and, 'twas hoped, would not raise suspicion going through the gates on the night of April 18-19.
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

TheEditor

Thanks for the quick response,  I knew I could count on some Appleseeder to be awake at odd hours. 

TE
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

TheEditor

Rocketman, looking again, I see that you are from CA, therefore it wasn't such an odd hour for you.  But thanks anyway!

TE
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com