News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Is Paul Revere's Ride by Fischer available on CD?

Started by Shooterer, November 29, 2010, 10:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shooterer

I can't seem to find one.

I haven't had much time available for reading, but I do send a lot of time in a vehicle and have been listening to "books on tape" for many years. Any help finding a place to buy a copy would be appreciated

Shooterer
Stand up for what's right.... Even if you stand alone.

nmmi9100

Not on CD that I can tell.  But it's on Audio Cassette if you have such an anachronism laying around.

http://www.amazon.com/Paul-Reveres-David-Hackett-Fischer/dp/0736633286/ref=tmm_abk_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1291045557&sr=8-1

Also available in Kindle which when used with an Iphone, Ipod, or Ipad, will read the book to you.  Not sure about the droid version.  never have had mine read me anything.  Probably an annoying voice anyway.

-David
Edgewood, NM

sear

I don't know of a CD version, but it's available in electronic form at B&N (I have  Nook) and Amazon (for Kindle Kids). Amazon doesn't show a books-on-tape edition.

I'm not sure if I'd have bought the electronic version had I thought of it earlier. I'm enough of a dinosaur to prefer good old paper.

sear

Quote from: NMMI9100 on November 29, 2010, 11:48:14 AM
Not on CD that I can tell.  But it's on Audio Cassette if you have such an anachronism laying around.

It's only on Audio Cassette if you can find someone who already has one and will part with it.

Shooterer

I can't even find a copy on tape to buy. If I could, I would have the 8 tapes burned to a disc. If anyone has a copy to lend or sell, I would pay shipping both ways and throw in a little something for your trouble.  O0

S

MeanStreaker

FUNDRAISER IDEA!

Are you a modern day Patriot?  Do you want to learn more about your lost Heritage?  Buy "Paul Revere's Ride", as read by Fred - the Founder of Project Appleseed.  Only $15.99 through Amazon or iTunes.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

MacMcM

Quote from: MeanStreaker on November 29, 2010, 12:56:14 PM
FUNDRAISER IDEA!

Are you a modern day Patriot?  Do you want to learn more about your lost Heritage?  Buy "Paul Revere's Ride", as read by Fred - the Founder of Project Appleseed.  Only $15.99 through Amazon or iTunes.
I would buy it O0
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

Scarecrow

RifleWoman

Many hands make light work and easy bailing.

Shooterer

TruTenacity

Shooterer,

I've only found these three audio books by Fischer.  Unfortunately non of them are PRR.
http://www.theaudiobookmart.com/search.php?searchBy=author&query=%22David%20Hackett%20Fischer%22&sub=ABM-GC-authors2-2117&gclid=CIPmz6npzaUCFcbsKgodDCCdKg

I just found this:
http://www.freshwap.net/ce2/dl/paul+revere+s+ride+by+david+hackett+fischer

You might have to pay a fee to join and get the download.  Post here if you were successful.

Tru
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Xeyed

I've looked before and never found an audio version.

I'd be cautious of any place that offers something that you can't find on Amazon/Ebay.

Then asks a fee.

Don't know the site, but something doesn't smell right.

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

Sly223

The first two chapters are a little painful if your not the avid reader type. After that it flows and flies. I read it in no time and haven't completed a full sized book since????!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

NorCal22Gal

I have the book, but it's available on amazon for kindle for $9.99.  might have a text to speech capability.  Then you could have your kindle read it to you....

NorCal22Gal