News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station, TX AAR April 17-18, 2021

Started by Sir Not Appearing In This Film, April 15, 2021, 11:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

spitstickler

Some pics...
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

spitstickler

Some more.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

spitstickler

What a great shoot!

Thanks spitstickler for posting pics.

16 shooters joined us Saturday April 17th at the beautiful Cawthon Cartridge Club. Many of the shooters were prior Appleseed shooters and of those many were already Rifleman qualified. Among them was my old friend spitstickler and his son.

Ghostring, White Paladin, bollox, didactic, Bravo 5 and myself were instructors Saturday.

The first Hits Count target and the first square on the squares target let us know that overall this was a very skilled group of shooters.

We were able to make it through 2 AQT's at the end of the day Saturday. This resulted in 2 re-qualifications for previous Riflemen.

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

15 shooters returned for Sunday's activities.

Tank5 joined us and throughout the day told several tales of Dangerous Old Men and not quite so old women.

By the end of the day shooters had the opportunity to shoot 6 AQTs. One lone persistent shooter shot the 7th and last AQT by himself.

The last Hits Count target had THREE shooters clear it!

My records show 8 Riflemen - 5 who requalified and 3 Rifemen who were NEWLY MINTED.

One Rifleman qualified as DISTINGUISHED using a bolt action WW2 era .22LR training rifle!

Those who didn't quite make Rifleman were really showing progress in their scores - so close in many cases.

We instructors agreed that this group of shooters was one of the highest performing marksmanship-wise that we had experienced in some years.

HUZZAH!

Ladyseed Man Slave