News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

First Appleseed of 2009 (Ramseur, NC January 3, 4 2009)

Started by Silence, January 09, 2009, 08:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silence

Saturday morning was foggy but a nice temperature, just a little chilly.  By the time we were ready to start the fog had lifted.  We had 43 people show up that morning.  Not a bad number to start the year off with.  The day stated off with a safety briefing and then the some revolutionary war history consisting of what we call the first strike of the match.  After that it was a redcoat and then on to the basics of marksmanship.  As the day went on everyone did well applying what they were learning. The redcoat that we shot at the end of the day showed everyone that there effective range had just increased. We were able to get 1 rifleman by the end of the day. 

Sunday morning 26 people showed up.  It had rained the night before and must have scared a few people off.  The 26 that showed up made great progress and we made 3 more rifleman. Quite a few shooters were shooting 180's to 200 right at the door.  With a little dry fire at home they will nail the next AQT they attempt to shoot. Thanks to all for attending!

I want to thank all the Instructors and Instructors in Training for coming out to teach there fellow Americans.  Fred, Truculent turtle, sanderman79, Hawkeye (IIT), Lawman (IIT), ACPJunkie (IIT), friedenmeister (IIT) ( I am missing one of Truculent turtle's sons forum name, thanks for helping) Pigpen (IIT), Emm (IIT)

Enjoy the pictures below.
"The Price of apathy is to be ruled by evil men'  -- Plato

checksix

It was a great weekend, and kudos to Silence, the instructors and IITs. Quite a turnout too, maybe no record setter, but more there this weekend than at my first AS in 2007. I made a pledge to bring a few folks with me to my next AS - and looks like for March it will be more than a few. There. I said it, now I have to back it up.
...because ideas have consequences.

SavageShootr

What a nice looking crowd.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Great report on the event.

Congratulations to all of the new Riflemen. Congratulations to the Instructors for a successful shoot.

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

bulkhead

Something we forgot that's worth sharing.  One of the guys that made rifleman on Sunday did so with a Marlin lever action 22. 

BH
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'
Saucy Jack