News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station, TX November 16-17, 2013

Started by Sir Not Appearing In This Film, November 26, 2013, 09:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

College Station, TX November 16-17, 2013

Would have had this up sooner - PC problems.

13 shooters participated in the Appleseed November 16-17, 2013 shoot in College Station, TX. It was nice to have a large number of shooters participating.

Bullet, sleepy Joe, Baminal and myself instructed at the event.

We had a few prior Appleseed shooters in attendance, including one from the last shoot.

The shoot started on time - for once. It was helpful to have Bullet handle registration. Baminal set up the range before we arrived. There were no obstacles on the range this time to delay things.

The shooter age range was pretty wide. The children that were present were very mature and knew their rifles well - this was a bit of a surprise. Jack was impressive - handling a tube fed .22lr autoloader and centerfire SKS well despite his not so large (yet) stature.

Since sleepy Joe was only there for Saturday he called the line in the morning. I was surprised he needed to leave by 11:30AM - but was glad to have the help nonetheless.

We stopped for lunch where Bullet told the first strike, then Baminal told the 2nd strike.

Bullet called the line in the afternoon.

Later in the afternoon during a break I told the Third Strike.

Saturday pics:

Ball and dummy drill

Steady hold factors of the Standing position

The first AQT is posted

Shooting Stage 1

Making rifles safe

Stage 3 COF explanation

A.J. gets a turn to model

We instructors agreed that this was the smoothest Appleseed shoot we could recall in some time.

I'll try to post Sunday pics tomorrow.
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Sunday:

Jack with an SKS - he was very good at prepping it.

His sister.

Mom was a new shooter but was making some very impressive groups.

Carding the sights

Father and son (the son is shorter) - both rocking centerfires

Mother and daughter

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

sleepy Joe

here are some photos from Saturday
By the numbers