News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR College Station, TX Nov 13-14 2010

Started by Sir Not Appearing In This Film, November 16, 2010, 08:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

We had a nice shoot with 8 shooters on Saturday, 2 on Sunday. Rain had been forecast for this area but rain had stopped by the time the shoot begain at 8:30 on Saturday and did not return until we had cleaned up the range at the end of Sunday. I'll add more info and pictures soon...
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

sleepy Joe

it was a good event, I will also put some photos here when I get them off my camera
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

here are some photos of the event
:)
By the numbers

Reddot

Guys,
Looks like another great shoot in College Station; I'm truly sorry I missed it.  But I'll be back!!
Chuck

sleepy Joe

We missed you Chuck
here are a few more photos
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

here are more photos, not so large
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

some more
By the numbers

Baminal

Great event, particularly with SNAITF's brilliant control of the weather. :bow:  (I hope I can figure out how he does that.)

I like the collection of pictures, but I'm not sure how SJ can post anything showing me with the words 'not so large' next to it. **) **) **)

The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush.  It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference and undernourishment.
Robert Maynard Hutchins, Educator (1899-1977)

Love you liberty and fight for it like men who know its value.  Once lost, it will never, never be regained.
Capt. Hugh Ledlie (1720-1798)

Reddot

Brett,
If you figure out his secret with the weather, let the rest of us know  O0 :bow:
v/r,
Chuck

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

sleepy Joe

photo
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

photos 4 U 2 C
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

still adding photos
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

some more pictures
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

here are more photos, I can only add a few at a time. I keep losing connection
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

photos
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

more
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

more additions to the photo archive
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

more photos to look at
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

this is the end of the photos
By the numbers

CaptG

Looks like a good bunch of Americans. Wish I'd have been there. I will be next month.
Guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

Roy in Tomball

Yes, good looking rifles too.
Just picked me up a 10/22 so hopefully I can have it outfitted by the December 11 shoot.
Wasted the last 2 months outfitting my Rem 597 which jams and misfires with 3 different brands of ammo.
Nice pics Joe and Steve, hope to see you soon.
Hey CaptG

scuzzy

Sounds like a good shoot. I really like the College Station range. It's just so dang tough roughing it in that primitive 'cabin' though. But a rifleman can tough it though.

I'll be seeing you guys again pretty soon.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Quote from: scuzzy on November 22, 2010, 09:26:24 PM
Sounds like a good shoot. I really like the College Station range. It's just so dang tough roughing it in that primitive 'cabin' though. But a rifleman can tough it though.

I'll be seeing you guys again pretty soon.

It was a bit lonely having the bunkhouse to myself.  :'(

The range owner Steve, Baminal and I went to dinner Saturday evening. After they left I stayed at the bar and 7th stepped. That's a big deal for me since I have not hung out in a bar since 1985.  @) I met the bar owner, a history professor from a nearby college as well as a few other people. It turned out to be a better evening than my planned reading of Paul Revere's Ride.  :)

I'll save the tale of the firearm parts kit I brought into the bar for show and tell for another time.  >:D
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote from: Roy in Tomball on November 22, 2010, 12:05:53 PM
Yes, good looking rifles too.
Just picked me up a 10/22 so hopefully I can have it outfitted by the December 11 shoot.
Wasted the last 2 months outfitting my Rem 597 which jams and misfires with 3 different brands of ammo.
Nice pics Joe and Steve, hope to see you soon.
Hey CaptG

Howdy Roy!
Ladyseed Man Slave