News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Eleanor, WV 11/6 - 11/7 2010

Started by siglite, November 07, 2010, 09:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

siglite

What a great Appleseed!  And COLD.  This is the first Appleseed I've attended with actual snowflakes.  About noon on Saturday it flurried for about five minutes.  The rest of the time, it was just cold.  Saturday, temps in the 30s, and Sunday morning, in the 20s.  

We had a line full of folks persevere through the cold, frost, and mud of a brand new range constructed at Putnam County Gun Club for the express purpose of Appleseed.  And let me tell you, we shot the first Appleseed on this newly minted range in style.  We produced three new riflemen!  I consider this a great ratio.  3 of 12 is a 25% rifleman ratio by my math.  

I attribute this success to the perseverance of the Riflemen and to the outstanding instructors on the line.  So thanks to Brickhouse, Spanner, Chrome, VanRichten, and MacMcM.  O0  Each of you really made me proud this weekend.  MacMcM summed it up as we handed out our third Rifleman patch of the day.  "This is our paycheck.  This is why everyone in a colored hat is here."  He's right.  Each of us is serving our republic by sewing the seeds of liberty and teaching our heritage as Riflemen.  This is its own reward.  And it is a great one.

Congrats to WVpharmD, Scott, and James for sticking it out in the frosty WV hills and earning your patches!

Not only did we have three Riflemen, but we had three take orange hats.  Skoof, James, and Jeff all have some trendy new headwear this evening.

Some of those that didn't quite reach Rifleman were pretty impressive too.  We had two shooters that were edging up into the 190 range.  If they come back (and I think they will) they'll get there.  We also had two shooters who had never shot a firearm prior to this weekend.  Both of them were slaying redcoats by the end of the day Sunday.  Another tribute to our WV instructor corps.

I snapped some pics on my phone.  Others did too, and hopefully they'll fill out this thread with some of them.  Also, I think there are a couple more pics en route from my phone to my ISP.  So when those arrive, I'll post 'em.

--

Keith Morgan
President, West Virginia Citizen's Defense League
http://www.wvcdl.org
http://forums.wvcdl.org
Proud member of West Virginia's first "All Rifleman" family.

MacMcM

Jodi Napping

Part of the First Class on the new Liberty range @PCGC

Brickhouse imparting wisdom

Sometimes a girl just needs "her stuff" around her! ::)

Scott, our 2nd Rifleman of the day

Spanner with all of his friends.... ;)

Van R and siglite catchin' some rays :cool2:

Yes, that is a kerosene heater and mass quantities of tarpage....26°F Sunday AM ++)

WVPharmD our First Rifleman of the day and second new OH ^:)^

Winning team in the Isaac/Hannah Davis team match ..:..

Bond, James Bond... our 3rd Rifleman and 3rd OH of the day! :---

Liberty Range the day before the grass was planted and roof built. :)
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

siglite

That range is awesome Mac.  WV's AS program is truly fortunate to have PCGC as such a strong partner.  All due to your efforts.
--

Keith Morgan

The Machine

Borrowing from siglite's vernacular; this event sounds AWESOME! Awesome pics too!

It sounds like you had perfect weather to "warm up" for the WV Winterseed season. This Eleanor event was actually the second Winterseed in WV this year.

That new Appleseed Liberty Range is even nicer in the photos than what I had envisioned, Mac. I will get down there soon to see it with my own eyes. Thanks again for making this wonderful resource available to the WV program!  O0

Great job to you all for making this another fantastic event. I've already received some nice positive feedback from one of the attendees. Three Riflemen, along with three new IITs, is scrumptious icing on the cake--sweeeet!  ^:)^
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

WVPharmD

Hey all... I'm one of the 3 new riflemen from this shoot!  I inherited an orange hat for my efforts too and am just looking for some direction on what to do now.  Nice AAR siglite and MacM  O0

siglite

Quote from: WVPharmD on November 13, 2010, 01:43:59 PM
Hey all... I'm one of the 3 new riflemen from this shoot!  I inherited an orange hat for my efforts too and am just looking for some direction on what to do now.  Nice AAR siglite and MacM  O0

You'll have access to a whole bunch of new info on the forum here, just as soon as I get the IAAR done, and the promotions in.  Which I need to do shortly, before mac drives over here and flogs me with a broomhandle or something.
--

Keith Morgan

MacMcM

Keith,
You are flog-proof, I know how well your whole clan shoots!

I have 2 more "packets" for you ready to turn in......

MacMcM
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy