News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Stinson, WV - June 26/27

Started by siglite, June 29, 2010, 12:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

siglite

What a weekend!  Blazing heat!  Bugs the size of CH53 helicopters.  (We determined they drink deet)  One rifleman made.  Old North Bridge water spilled.  Shooters who persevered through the raging sun and plague of locusts to improve their scores across the board.  On our last target of the day, many poor redcoats fell under withering, accurate fire from Americans exercising their heritage of rifle marksmanship. 

I repeatedly reminded shooters, "if you can shoot in these conditions, you can shoot in any conditions." 

How about we start the pictures with our pet butterfly for the weekend.  This little guy was hanging out on our clothes, our rifles, our chairs.  At one point, he rode my hand as it scribbled notes.

Allen, one of our shooters knocking on Rifleman's door shows us a good cheek-weld.

Allen and his son chowing down on some *shudder* MRE's during the first strike.

You'll often hear us refer to this range as the "Beatiful" Stinson, WV DAR.  This is one of the reasons why.

I have no earthly idea what I was discussing at this point.

Father and son (Gene and Russ) exercising their heritage together.

David, our one Rifleman of the weekend, shooting sitting.

Chrome keeps one eye on the clock, and the other on the line during the 2nd stage of the AQT

Mikie works on figuring out which sitting position works best for her.

Chrome explains that David is a man that knows very well what he is about.  But... who's paying attention to The Machine, and... why are both hands behind his back?

Ohhhhh, that's why.  Because he has some water from the old North Bridge.  And David shot a 210 on the nose.

Chrome, I think discussing talking targets at the line.

All in all, an excellent weekend.
--

Keith Morgan
President, West Virginia Citizen's Defense League
http://www.wvcdl.org
http://forums.wvcdl.org
Proud member of West Virginia's first "All Rifleman" family.

The Machine

QuoteBugs the size of CH53 helicopters.  (We determined they drink deet)
You sure the heat wasn't playing tricks on you guys? I didn't spot those mutant bugs when I was over there, nor did I see them today while picking up brass.  ???  I'm going to keep searching for them; now that you've piqued my curiosity. I just might be harboring a new, unidentified specie of insect...a potential "goldmine"! I'll be sure to give you guys a cut of the proceeds. Perhaps name the "discovery" in your honor--siglitae chromus D. slurpus   ;D

I can't wait to see the pics. Maybe you caught one on camera!  :D
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

siglite

BTT for added pics.

And, siglitae chromus, D. slurpus is absolutely perfect.
--

Keith Morgan
President, West Virginia Citizen's Defense League
http://www.wvcdl.org
http://forums.wvcdl.org
Proud member of West Virginia's first "All Rifleman" family.

agony

Looks like another fun appleseed weekend.  Sorry I missed it, hopefully will have more time after August.
And, ugh, can't imagine eating MRE's in that kind of heat.  It's like swallowing a pound of cement. :)

SavageShootr

nice pictures. Thanks for the report.

Congratulations to the new Rifleman!

SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

The Machine

Agony, you should know nothing's sacred at Stinson...aside from Heritage! Those guys were trying to get a "feel" for the moldy rations which the British troops were issued prior to their trek into the countryside.  ;D

Looking forward to your return visit this fall, hopefully.
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"