News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Centerton, AR Dec 3-4

Started by Celt, December 04, 2011, 10:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt

In-spite of the dismal weather we had a great shoot. I don't think that I heard one real complaint about the rain, cold and the mud. I'm so proud of all the shooters who just kept on working on there skills while laying in the mud and rain and asked to shoot more AQTs. Everyone listened well and showed improvement.  We had one new Rifleman who shot a 223 with his AR15. And the Detter  ladies of course  re-qualified multiple times  O0 way to go! Thanks for everyone that came out and thanks so much to Jon, Frank and Nighthawk custom training for hosting us at their range. Thanks to Jennifer for the tasty Deer chili. Hope to see you all again down the trail. Bring some friends, practice those skills and come back to another shoot.  If anyone has some pictures please post them below.     Ian

Also there was an orange and grey lunch cooler that was left behind if it's yours send me a PM and I'll figure out a way to get it back to you.
A Hessian captain (one of the 30,000 German mercenaries used by England) wrote in 1778, "Call this war by whatever name you may, only call it not an American rebellion; it is nothing more or less than a Scots-Irish Presbyterian rebellion."

"I need not take much pains to show, that the principles of this system, are extremely pernicious, impolitic, and dangerous. Here is a revolution as radical as that which separated us from Great Britain."  "I Smell A Rat!"  Patrick Henry

"Because they transgressed My covenant, And against My law they have rebelled... They have made kings, and not by Me, They have made princes, and I knew it not"  Hosea 8:1 and 4
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance."  Psalms 33:12

hangfire

What a fantastic AS weekend, little rain a littel mud throw in a cutting wind and you have the makings for a real marksmanship clinic. We had some of the greatest shooters that I have had the privilege of working with. Thanks to the Nighthawk facility for hosting the AS and keeping a warm fire going all weekend. Thank you to the Detter family for the Chili and Cobbler Sunday afternoon, Thanks to all the shooters that stuck it out in the challenging weather conditions and thank you to Celt and Kent and hope to Work an AS with you again soon.

hangfire.

SigEp7182003

Thanks so much for the help guys   Arkansas really thanks y'all.
Officer
Jason Moore

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, but sooner or later the fellow who wins is the fellow who thinks he can.

Kent

That was a good shoot.  :)

The weather was a bit challenging...... ;)  The shooters did not complain a bit. 

I believe all the Detter girls requalified, and I know all the instructors did too.  :cool2:  Congrats to Jim, he did very well with shooting stage one rapid RAPID fire!  I just now caught that Jim shot a 223...... sweet

Celt

Yeah quit the coincidence :--- . Thanks for the help Kent.
A Hessian captain (one of the 30,000 German mercenaries used by England) wrote in 1778, "Call this war by whatever name you may, only call it not an American rebellion; it is nothing more or less than a Scots-Irish Presbyterian rebellion."

"I need not take much pains to show, that the principles of this system, are extremely pernicious, impolitic, and dangerous. Here is a revolution as radical as that which separated us from Great Britain."  "I Smell A Rat!"  Patrick Henry

"Because they transgressed My covenant, And against My law they have rebelled... They have made kings, and not by Me, They have made princes, and I knew it not"  Hosea 8:1 and 4
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance."  Psalms 33:12

starfox

Sincerest of thanks for staffing this event.  Jon and Nighthawk are great hosts! 

Glad to see the Detter ladies out again.  Those ladies know how to SHOOT!  All three of them would make great additions to the NRA/CMP High Power circuit! 

Some call it "cross border raiding", I call it the finest example of the true spirit of Appleseed.   O0
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10