News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

WELCOME MERCER COUNTY SPORTSMAN ASSOCIATION!!!

Started by Ratchett, October 26, 2012, 06:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratchett

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ **) **) **) ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Join me in welcoming Mercer County Sportsman Association as a new range partner with Appleseed Ohio! The range is near Celina. Their first event will be November 17/18, EIP and eventbite should be available soon.
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Corvette

Great news. I will work with some local contacts to try to help fill the line.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Ladyshot

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it." ~ William Burroughs

Barbie

Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Charles McKinley

Welcome MCSA!  I was hoping it would be near Mercer PA,  about the same lattitude but on the far side of the state.

Doesn't anyone on the eastern side of Ohio like to shoot????;)

Need some local border raiding oppertunities.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

tjeffries

A huge thank you to Ratchett and Corvette for a successful, although small event in Celina at the Mercer County Sportsman Club this weekend.  With only nine shooters on the line, it was hard to imagine that we would have FIVE new riflemen by Sunday's end.

While this was our first shoot, it won't be our last, we're hooked for life.  Keep up the good work, we'll be looking forward to our next event  ;)

tjeffries

Winterseed!!!

January 5th and 6th, same time, same place.  Camping available for the brave  :sos:

slim

This is on our Appleseed schedule for Jan. 12-13. Can we confirm the date?

Corvette

Agreed, schedule shows 12th and 13th.   Is that correct?

Corvette :-\
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

DGMilty

Facebook updates show the 12th-13th.  Which instructors will be there, (or should I make plans to attend my first Appleseed as an Instructor...btw, I need my official instructor gear as well...shirts, sweatshirts, patches...)
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.   -Thomas Jefferson

Corvette

DG, looks like Ratchett will be the SB and an IIT4 from Piqua,  Coyote417, is signed up to help.  If I really have to, I can help this weekend but I was planning on going to Meeker Sportsman club in Marion for my new member orientation and to see if they are planning on hosting any AS's this year. Keep me posted on sign up numbers and other Instructor/IIT sign ups this week.  I'll jump in if needed. 

Also, Ratchett, do you know who coordinated our prior AS's at Meeker?  They have a nice 400 yard range I would hate to loose from our schedule.  I don't want to screw things up but as a new member up there, I might be able to make some more contacts for us and talk AS up a bit.  Have we ever thought about assigned range coordinators in a sticky note at the top of the Ohio list? 

Corvette

DGMilty

Do your thing, Corvette.  95% chance of me being there...and I have worked with Coyote217 before, as well as Ratchett, so I think we'll have this covered.

Now to dig my AS stuff out of the trailer!!!
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.   -Thomas Jefferson

DGMilty

Don't forget to sign yourself up from the TIPS page...no need to send PM to Instructor Scheduling.  (Guess who made that mistake!!!)   :-[

Corvette

Yea, I found the new way with the Zanesvillle shoot in December.  Actually, its easier than PMs and better to find out who else has signed up.  Looks like six people signed up so far, and I bet they have been to AS before so I think you guys have it covered.

Corvette.