News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Countdown To History: April 17-18 2010! Indiana Where Are You?

Started by techres, March 26, 2010, 11:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

techres

We are at 22 days and counting!  

Our events are NOT sold out yet.  It is time to get them filled!

What Your State Team has done:

1. Secured 5 GREAT ranges for the events and matched them with 5 GREAT shoot bosses.
2. Sent Promotional Packets to print and television media near each shoot and large city in the state.
3. Hit the Internet to promote these events.
4. Put together a set of easy to print and use promotions materials for you to download and pass out at your local gun store, grocery, bar, poker night, church, college or feed store. Approved List Here and a tear off flyer here.
5. Begun all the background logistics that are required to move thousands of targets, hundreds of shirts, and many Riflemen patches from national warehouses to their designated places.
6. Worked to finalize all shoot staffing for each and every event.

What Your State team needs of YOU:

1. Get signed up!  If you are an Instructor, you should be signed up to a shoot NOW.  If you are a shooter, you need to get signed up NOW.  You do not want to miss your part in history making.
2. Spread the word: tell your family, tell your neighbors, tell the farmer who sells you eggs at the farmer's market, tell the clerk at the gas station, tell you minister, tell your Rabbi.  Go, tell!
3. Put up flyers: Download the Indiana flyers linked above and put them up all over your town.  Don't limit yourself to just the gun shop, put it up at all the other places you go.  Have a pile in your car that frustrates your spouse and promise that you will get them gone, one at a time.  Just post 'em!
4. Create chatter: Online is just as important as real world.  Don't miss your chance to spread the word digitally on forums, web sites, or even just facebook.  Let people know what you are up to.

And Lastly:

5. Get involved:  If you are out of other things to do, PM me (techres) or yellowhousejake, and we will have some job that needs to be completed in the short time that we have left.

Remember:

History was made through hard work, organizing, and spreading the word.  Most of that spreading of the word happened long, long before any midnight ride...

Please, join us.  

Techres
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Garand69

Better watch out Hoosiers,

Techres made a bet with Illinois, and if we sell out first, you fine Hoosiers have to clean all of our loaner LTR's used at the 410 shoots  :cool2:

That would probably have been OK, but Techres was talking some smack over in Ohio as well and bet Meanstreaker that if Indiana didn't sell out before Ohio, Hoosiers would pick up all the brass from the Ohio Shoots!

Just thought I would give you all the heads up.

Your friendly SC next door ;)
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

hawkhavn

Just to underscore what Techres had to say, this is where we are at:
Ft. Wayne   4/60
Wabash       0/25
Nashville      11/25
Evansville     3/40
Cloverdale    22/25

We have 3 weeks and 100+ open slots, how many can YOU fill?
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

techres

I swear, I am going to post pics of my 5 year old putting up flyers and ask which of my RIFLEMEN can match her gusto.

I'll do it, I really will....

hawkhavn

We have a gentleman and his daughter driving down to E'ville from Indy tomorrow for the shoot.
Volunteered to take a bunch of material back to Indy...what do you think Techres, should I give him a few handouts?

HH

p.s.  Glad I have a pickup truck, they carry a lot in the bed.   ;D
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

yellowhousejake

I was at Gander Mountain north last night buying primers. All of the 100 free targets I put out were gone, all the flyers I put out were gone, they even took the ones I thumb tacked up. I need to go back with more. All the flyers at our library were gone as well. The Gander Mountain south flyers were still hanging up but the loose ones were gone.

If you hang them, they will come.....

YHJ

Quote from: hawkhavn on March 26, 2010, 09:18:33 PM
We have a gentleman and his daughter driving down to E'ville from Indy tomorrow for the shoot.
Volunteered to take a bunch of material back to Indy...what do you think Techres, should I give him a few handouts?

HH

p.s.  Glad I have a pickup truck, they carry a lot in the bed.   ;D
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

techres

Quote from: techres on March 26, 2010, 09:06:55 PM
I swear, I am going to post pics of my 5 year old putting up flyers and ask which of my RIFLEMEN can match her gusto.

I'll do it, I really will....

I wasn't kidding:

If little girls can do it, so can you!

;) (mostly)

Garand69

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz