News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Indiana-ite inbound

Started by West, March 11, 2010, 01:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West

Or is it Indiana-in?  Well.. someone will tell me I'm sure...cuz I don't have a clue. $$-0

In any case, I wanted to give you all FAIR WARNING!  West is coming to town.   >:D

My father had a stroke in mid January, and we are waiting patiently while he recovers here in Delaware.  We miss him very much, with his left side immobile, he's not the same guy he used to be.   :(

Not looking for sympathy, just wanted to tell you that due to this, my younger sister and I are moving my father and ourselves to Indiana to live with our Aunt/Dad's sister in Muncie.  I am currently in the process of looking for work in the area, but getting together with some Appleseeders would make the transition more comfortable.

Looks like it is going to be mid May to early June.  Hopefully, Delaware will be far enough along by then that I can let her go and not feel totally worthless.   :-[

In any case, I am looking forward to finding a good 400+ yard range, and participating in all the Appleseeds I can handle!  Going to definitely be working with the IL/WI crew, as I met a few of them at the RBC in Feb.

So, hope you have space for me, willing to pick up a bucket and start bailing.

West  :))

yellowhousejake

Quote from: West on March 11, 2010, 01:01:57 PM
Or is it Indiana-in?  Well.. someone will tell me I'm sure...cuz I don't have a clue. $$-0

It's Hoosier, and you will be one when you get here. We aren't picky like Texans, you don't have to be born here  :D

In any case, I wanted to give you all FAIR WARNING!  West is coming to town.   >:D

My father had a stroke in mid January, and we are waiting patiently while he recovers here in Delaware.  We miss him very much, with his left side immobile, he's not the same guy he used to be.   :(

Not looking for sympathy, just wanted to tell you that due to this, my younger sister and I are moving my father and ourselves to Indiana to live with our Aunt/Dad's sister in Muncie.  I am currently in the process of looking for work in the area, but getting together with some Appleseeders would make the transition more comfortable.

Welcome aboard! Very glad to have you. Sorry about the reasons and conditions for your move, but we are happy to have you coming our way.

So, hope you have space for me, willing to pick up a bucket and start bailing.

West  :))

Pick up a bucket? Indiana quit using buckets, we are dropping pumps in the bilge this year. Five Appleseeds on Patriot's Day and a Womens only shoot in May is just the beginning. Bring comfortable boots... Our new State Coordinator is a real slave driver ( ducks and runs...... )

YHJ

Also, get logged into http://ingunowners.com. It is a very active board nearly state wide and we have a sponser board there. You will find almost all the Hoosier Instructor Corps is active on that board.
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

techres

Welcome West, you have our support and plenty of slots to fill on the line.  Let me know what you can do time wise and I will get you work that needs done.

And if you need any ins and outs of IN gun law, just ask in a PM or over at INGO.  We will be happy to assist with your transition.

O0
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

hawkhavn

West,

Welcome to the Hoosier state, sorry for the reason but certainly glad you're inbound.  Muncies's amazing and the mountains are beautiful up there! (Cue Close Encounters of the Third Kind clip...).

We have several instructors in that part of the state, I'll let them introduce themselves and if you give us a clue what field you're looking in, we can bird dog for ya'.

The NE corner of the state is going to pop this year, so come ready, the corn will be up soon and the crazy drivers down in Indy will be fired up as well. (Not the Speedway, the I-465 construction will be getting finished!)

Ed
aka Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

DaveD

West 

Welcome to the state - even if the reasons for the move aren't the best.  Hope to meet you on the trail.

Dave

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

Bill 3

Quote from: hawkhavn on March 11, 2010, 08:36:01 PM
West,

Welcome to the Hoosier state, sorry for the reason but certainly glad you're inbound.  Muncies's amazing and the mountains are beautiful up there! (Cue Close Encounters of the Third Kind clip...).

Not used to Muncie being referred to as "up there".  Here's a hardy hello from the flat part of the state(NW).  Sorry about the circumstances, looking forward to meeting you.

- Bill 3
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

Bill of Rights

Welcome, West! Sorry to hear of the circumstances, but glad to have you here. You don't say how old you are (and I'm not asking!) but if you are 18 or over, you might want to check out http://aries.in.gov/Firearms/Permit.aspx. You can apply for your Lifetime License to Carry a Handgun, valid as long as you reside in Indiana! You'll still need to get fingerprinted, but Delaware County (where Muncie is located) is one of the 30 counties in the state that are online with the application process.

Good luck and I look forward to meeting you!
Blessings,
Bill
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom,go from us in peace.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you.May your chains sit lightly upon you,& may posterity forget that you were our countrymen! Sam Adams

West

Thanks all!  ^:)^

Looking forward to meeting the lot of ya'll also!  I'll be 25 this summer, (so old!  >:()so I'll definitely look into getting my CHL. Hope to be getting mine soon here in DE also, but I don't think it will carry over :P

I'm looking forward to finding a good club to join, and start doing some High Power this year.  I'm just in my infancy, and I won't get to do too much, but it's good to start somewhere!

Hoping that I can get Appleseed started here in DE.  Not liking that it's not going yet, but I have faith that it will be under way before I have to depart.   ..:..

I appreciate the warm welcome from you all.

See you on the Trail!

West  :))

techres

It was good talking to you tonight on the phone.  Have fun down there in Evansville and see you soon on the IN trail!
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.