News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pt Townsend, WA - AAR - 7-8 October 2023

Started by Iborche, October 10, 2023, 12:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iborche

A lot of old friends and familiar faces joined us at the Jefferson County Sportsmen's Association range for another weekend of marksmanship, and it was clear they had been busy 7th stepping as they brought along just as many new friends with them! A big thank you to JCSA for their support and hospitality!

This group of shooters was a very proficient group - five out of eleven shooters joined the ranks of Captain Daniel Morgan's Rifleman with their very first shot. All weekend this group of shooters were focused and persistent in improving their marksmanship, and those returning students all had some goal in mind too. Many were returning Rifleman and wanted to try again with new equipment and others were after a Distinguished bar. A few came very close to achieving that goal, with both David and Zach re-qualifying on nearly every AQT they shot with multiple scores in the 230s, but just shy of their 240-point goal.  Greg considered every round he had fired over the course of two days and shot a qualifying score on the final AQT of the day with a 212! John (219), Kyle (203), and Freider (214) all qualified at their first Project Appleseed event!  :snipersmi

Everyone finished the weekend in good spirits after giving it their all - those who did not qualify for a Rifleman patch learned about themselves and improved significantly over the course of the event. I look forward to seeing each of you again be it at a JCSA Project Appleseed event or elsewhere!

CaptainRebop

Shooters - thank you all for your persistence this weekend.  You all improved your marksmanship significantly, and I'm sure I'll see you again on the line someday.  Remember to keep up your skills with some dry practice at home before you join us again.

More importantly, remember the spirit of Meriam's Corner.  We each have a duty to protect the rights of our fellow Americans.  Be worthy of the trust our founding generation put in their posterity, and work to ensure that your posterity enjoys the same rights you do.

A_A_ron

I wanted to take a moment to extend my heartfelt gratitude for organizing and running the incredible Appleseed shooting event that took place recently. What an unforgettable experience it was!

When I initially signed up, I had no specific expectations other than spending quality time shooting guns alongside my friends. However, little did I know how much more there was in store for me. Despite not achieving my coveted Rifleman patch this time, I can confidently say that I gained a wealth of knowledge and had an absolute blast!

The event was impeccably well-organized and executed, leaving no room for disappointment. The instructors' expertise and passion for what they do were evident throughout, and I couldn't help but be inspired by their guidance and dedication. The lessons I learned were invaluable, and I now feel more confident in my skills as a shooter.

HUZZAH!