News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur, NC Home Range Appleseed SEPT 23-24 2023

Started by R-Mack, October 03, 2023, 08:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R-Mack

AN ABSOLUTE FANTASTIC WEEKEND IN RAMSEUR!

Eleven dedicated Americans, ranging in age from 13 to 70, braved dreary weather on Saturday to learn & hone their basic marksmanship skills and learn about the sacrifices of the Founding Fathers and how marksmanship is woven into our cultural DNA as Americans.

After hearing about the start events of April 19, 1775, the students spent the day improving their marksmanship, first by developing small groups and then learning how to move those small groups on target.  The day continued with more history and marksmanship, with the day closed out with their first Appleseed Qualification Test (AQT). 

With the weather much improved, the students showed up eager to learn and show off their marksmanship skills.  After some morning time history and some discussion on Known Distance marksmanship, the students were back at it with some great AQT scores.  To prove that their skills learned at 25 meters ABSOLUTELY apply at longer ranges, several students migrated to the Known Distance range, making their 22lr rifles ring steel out to 200 yards, and their centerfire rifles engaging steel much further than that! 

Everybody had a great time, and at the end of the event, five students achieved Expert qualification - three for the first time, and earning the title of RIFLEMAN!

Thank you to the instructor team who helped pull this thing off:

The instructors Vaportrace, Proud Patriot, and Dually did an outstanding job working with difficult weather and a few rifle issues that stretched into Sunday. This team makes a SBIT look good.
I also wanted to say thanks to Monkey my Shoot Boss I learned a ton from him at this event.
Vaportrace can take a shooter that isn't on paper at the start of the day and get him a 4 MOA group by the end of the same day.
This was Dually' s first event as an IIT and he did a very good job as LB, RSO, model, and covered the Safety very well. I believe we can except great thing from him in the future.

Thank you so much to Logan and Reis, who stepped up to join our NC instructor cadre!!  HUZZAH!!!

Lastly, thank you to the all of the students who came out this weekend, despite the weather, and spent their weekend with us!  It was y'all who made this event absolutely worthwhile!