News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Krakow, WI AAR - Sep. 16-17, 2023

Started by Theokestral, September 18, 2023, 03:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theokestral

We were blessed with an abundance of students. 22 members of TrailLife USA assembled in Krakow WI for a two-day 25m Appleseed. Some came to the Northwoods from as far away as Illinois and Indianna! We ran the line in two relays on Saturday.

The weather was perfect. Cool in the mornings and not too hot midday.

All the shooters applied themselves to the marksmanship lessons. They also listened intently to the history. There were plenty of good questions!

Highest AQT score of the weekend goes to Harrison with a 179!
His brother Corbin also made a good account of himself with some great scores.
They are exuding the qualities of a rifleman and an instructor.
I can't wait for both of them to earn their rifleman patch.

TrailLife USA was amazingly hospitable.
Many thanks to the property owner, Kevin,  for letting us take over his land for the weekend. The camping was pleasant.
Thanks as well to him and everyone who helped build the backstop in the weeks before.
Also thanks to the Trailmasters who fed everyone, including us instructors. Trailmasters Robert and CJ prepared a menu of Revolutionary War period-accurate food for every meal!

Thanks to Leadlined for being able to help instruct at the last minute.

Photographs to follow….

Leadlined

Speaking of pictures....

And don't forget the period-accurate meals! 
Below is lamb pottage with cornbread and a ginger cookie; other dishes included Lobscouse, hardtack, beef pottage, muster-day bread.  (Among others, and including a great breakfast!)

It was a privilege to camp with the Trail Life encampment!  Next time I'll have to bring some nerf and paintball-appropriate gear!
If I knew the world was ending today, I would still plant another Appleseedling. 
-Martin Luther

7/5/2014, First appleseed
9/20/2014, Rifleman
4/19/2015, Orange hat
10/15/2016, Red hat
9/11/2022, Shoot Boss
7/9/2023, Pistoleer™/Pistol Instructor
....and still working on it

Rifleman Rob

Theokestral and Leadlined,

Thanks for coming out and instructing. I'm glad you enjoyed the food! We are looking forward to holding the 4th Annual Wisconsin Trail Life USA Appleseed Shoot next September. I'm taking menus suggestions now.

~Rifleman Rob (and Colonial-era cook)
2017-04-22 - The day I became a Rifleman.

Trail Life USA - WI

TLUSA-WI sends out a great big THANK YOU to Project Appleseed staff!

We'd also like to thank all you Trailmen who executed one of the four principles of Godly manhood this weekend by being a man of action.  Your taking part in this wonderful Outdoor Adventure that Project Appleseed afforded us is the kind of action that allowed our founding fathers to defeat the mighty British Empire and create a nation, our nation, which was deserving of God Almighty's blessings.  The men and women that we owe our nation's very existence to were people of action.  They took the time to be prepared and educated.  Many made the ultimate sacrifice and still many others who didn't give their lives for the cause gave everything else.  Many lost their wealth, their property, and more importantly, their families, due to their choices to make a stand for what was/is right.  We appreciate you being willing to do the exact same. 

We look forward to seeing you next year and don't forget to invite your friends that aren't a part of Trail Life USA.  Wear Trail Life swag everywhere you go.  Tell your friends and neighbors how much fun you're having and the new friends that you are making at troop, area, statewide, regional, and even national level events.  Active recruitment being done on all our parts is the only way that this will continue to grow.

Enjoy the pictures:

Trail Life USA - WI

More photos submitted from Mr. Matthew Karas, Ranger @ WI-0108:

Gugisman

Wow! What a thrill to read about another Region hosting TLUSA events.

In November, 40 trailmen will fill the line at the Waco (China Spring) TX, range. It's our 8th annual, private event.

I love the period cooking idea, so cool!!

Walk Worthy, and keep your powder dry,

Eric Inman, Instructor, RSO
Pointman, TLUSA, Denton TX Area, [url]https://www.traillifeusa.com//[url]
The right to freedom is the gift of God Almighty....The rights of the Colonists as Christians may be best understood by reading, and carefully studying the institutes of the great Lawgiver and head of the Christian Church: which are to be found clearly written and promuligated in the New Testament.
― Samuel Adams

Gugisman

Wow! What a thrill to read about another Region hosting TLUSA events.

In November, 40 trailmen will fill the line at the Waco (China Spring) TX, range. It's our 8th annual, private event.

I love the period cooking idea, so cool!!

Walk Worthy, and keep your powder dry,

Eric Inman, Instructor, RSO
Pointman, TLUSA, Denton TX Area, https://www.traillifeusa.com/
The right to freedom is the gift of God Almighty....The rights of the Colonists as Christians may be best understood by reading, and carefully studying the institutes of the great Lawgiver and head of the Christian Church: which are to be found clearly written and promuligated in the New Testament.
― Samuel Adams