News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dubuque, Iowa: 20-21Apr2024

Started by IXOYE, April 23, 2024, 01:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXOYE

We had a great shoot in Dubuque. The weather was a little cold on Saturday with temperatures barely reaching 40 degrees, but everyone endured the chill and persisted. Our PM redcoat results were phenomenal. Sunday started off with a significant frost on the ground, but the sun came out and things warmed up nicely. We ended up with three shooters earning a rifleman patch on Sunday. Congratulations to Chad (215 requalify), Ben (211), and Dustin (211 with a bolt action)!

At the end of the day Mark led our group in three Huzzahs!

Many thanks to the Izaak Walton club of Dubuque for sharing their wonderful range with us. And many thanks to Mark and Shannon for traveling half way across the state to spend their weekend helping instruct.

Some pictures from our event are posted below. If you click on them they should expand. Click on them again and they will shrink back down.

Right side of our line Sunday Morning

Shooting squares Sunday Morning

Chad checking his NPOA

Craig checking his sight picture

More squares

Shannon helping on the line

Katlynn shooting stage one

Paul shooting stage one

Ben and Paul kneel during stage two

Checking Targets

Stage one of the AQT

Chad ready to transition

Chad requalifies with a 215

Ben shoots a 211

The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

Twineagles

Looks like a great weekend was had by all.
Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne