News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wright City, MO AAR April 20-21, 2024

Started by 209Ken, April 23, 2024, 12:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

209Ken

Patriot's Day weekend 2024 was a great one at Bench Rest Rifle Club in Wright City, MO!

No one could have asked for better mid-April weather. The mornings were chilly and by afternoon, everyone was chasing the sunshine and shedding layers.

Our shoot was full with 20 shooters, and over half them being youth! The youth of the group brought excitement, enthusiasm, and great questions.

This weekend produced several riflemen. On Saturday, we had Mark (214), Joseph (213), Rob (226), and Craig (218).

Sunday's riflemen included Ashley (210) and Hunter (248, distinguished – yeah, you read that right!) and several re-qualifications: Craig (210), Paige - Suitcase (217), Steve - Flintlock54 (218), Hunter (230), and Joseph (213).

To honor the April 19th patriots who sacrificed it all, the shooters participated in a solemn procession to the firing line before our memorial volley.

As always, a big thanks goes to Bench Rest Rifle Club and their well-kept range for providing us a comfortable and beautiful place to shoot. Overall, this weekend was a big success that was inspired by safe shooters, sunshine, and revolutionary history.
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

209Ken

Pictures - First the Riflemen. More to follow...

Rifleman Mark

Rifleman Joseph

Rifleman Rob

Rifleman Craig

Rifleman Hunter

Riflewoman Ashley - Is that a purple patch??

Hunter get his Distinguished patch - 248!!

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

209Ken