News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru, CA April 21-22, 2012 Honoring the Founders

Started by SavageShootr, April 21, 2012, 11:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SavageShootr

It is a glorious day for America.

We are on the way to the range. It is 62 degrees here, likely a bit cooler where we are headed.

Johnny is in his camo  ::)
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Johnnyappleseed

The founders were no doubt enjoying this day ,honoring their posterity .

Many thanx to those who attended and a special  thanx to the great Instuctors who made this event so special  O0

As usual IM exhaused in a good way .
Looking forward to the many pic's of this special day remembering how much was paid for the freedoms we now enjoy.

Semper fidelis
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Old Glory!

"Exhausted in a good way"   O0

Whether in WI or CA; It is an honor to participate in Appleseed and hear the stories of April 19, 1775.   O0

Johnnyappleseed and SavageS at the same location  ..:.. O0
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

dragonfly

Ah yes what a great country we live in  O0 :~

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Scott1600

It is so great to have had such a fantastic group of folks to assist/instruct/encourage/teach over the course of our couple days together.  You guys were all fantastic!
I'm sure there will be much more to come on this thread from folks who are much more articulate than myself.  So, thank you one and all!

Also, I'm sure there will be a few photos posted to this thread as well!

Special thanks to the entire crew.  Working with you guys is always a blast!

Thank you all!  Looking forward to our next meeting somewhere down the Appleseed trail!   
O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

-Scott
"Objects of the most stupendous magnitude, and measure in which the lives and liberties of millions yet unborn are intimately interested, are now before us. We are in the very midst of a revolution the most complete, unexpected and remarkable of any in the history of nations." -John Adams, July 3, 1776.

SavageShootr

Thanks go out to Mike Thompson for allowing us to come out and share Heritage with all the people that came out for the event.

It was nice seeing Jenny and Cindy improve.

Houriy, It is difficult to believe that you were a first time shooter. Great job listening and applying the skills you were taught!

Mardig, You did a great job overcoming all those issues dialing that scope in. Great job persisting!

George, Thanks for bringing Mardig and Houiry. They were great.

Wes, Glad you could make it back out.

Greg, Watching you work ball and dummy with Jerry was a thing of beauty.

Jerry, Glad you could come out again too.

Thanks to all of you for making Patriot's Day weekend special.

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

horsecavalry

These events keep getting better. My wife and her friend Jenny will be riflemen soon. My friends Mardig and Houriy were able to experience the emotion of
verbal history and thrill of learning new skills.
I met people that almost seem to be an extension of family.
Thanks to Gone Johnny, Sam,Pete, Scott 1600 for running a first class event.
It was a treat to see Savage Shooter again, and finally meet Johnny Appleseed.

Foppish Dandy

Wow! What a shoot! First and foremost, I want to say THANK YOU to all the shooters that came out to celebrate such an important date in our history. You all braved the crazy heat and the long, bumpy drive out to celebrate liberty and continue your various journeys of self-discovery. While you may still be working for that patch, all of you showed the determination and, above all, heart of Riflemen. You all know very much what you're about.

Also, thank you to GoneJohnny, JohnnyAppleseed, SavageShooter, Scott1600, GratefulDog and Mr. Pete (with a shout-out to Dano) for being such an inspiring, supportive and FUN team to work with!

Couple of quick shout-outs before I switch over to picture-posting:

Ed - So great to see you out again! Your fundamentals are all there. Now it's just the mental game. You're right on the edge... just keep persisting and you'll be there before you know it. Until then, enjoy the journey! Speaking from experience, I know it can be frustrating at times, but it'll teach you more about yourself than you realize.

Wes - Thank you so much for always being willing to help out... both us and the other shooters. All of us can see that passion for the program in your eyes. I'm looking forward to the day that we get to slap that orange hat on you!

Mardig and Houriy - I can tell already that you two have caught the bug. Great job listening, learning and applying... You showed great improvement throughout the whole weekend. Mardig... props for struggling through and defeating those ridiculous scope issues you were having at first. I've seen many people throw in the towel where you kept on keepin' on!

Pictures incoming below...
Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

Foppish Dandy

PHOTOS!!!

Day 1

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

Foppish Dandy

Day 2 - Part 1

Foppish Dandy

Day 2 - Part 2

wes101

I would just like to say thank you to all the instructors that took the time to come out and help us and teach us about our heritage.  Shoot Boss Gone Johnny, Line Bosses Foppish Dandy, and Scott1600, all the other instructors; savageshooter, johnnyappleseed, Gratefuldog, Mr.Pete, Dano.  Thank you For all your support and positive encouragement. 
When

Foppish Dandy

Oh! Also, if you're on Facebook... take a few moments to "Like" our local Facebook page! You can also tag yourself in the photos if you'd like.

Project Appleseed - Southern California

gonejohnny

A very special weekend in one of the most magical places the fine state of California has to offer!

A heartfelt thank you to the many of our shooters who brought their friends & co-workers with them out this weekend... ever reminding us that by far the most important part of the handouts we offer our shooters as homework are the extra flyers to pass out and help spread the word!

Instructors and Shooters alike showed tremendous heart in mustering on the line after a 60-second prep period for the Memorial Volley at exactly 1PM in honoring the memory of those who gave their lives for us on April 19th, 1775. A steel Red Coat target had been positioned at the effective musket range of 60-yards from our firing line... only to be riddled in perfect Rifleman's Cadence, one shot at a time for each of the honored fallen men of the day. AS A SIDE NOTE HERE: Proof there is something to be said for a well-established position AND TRUSTING YOUR NPOA... as I don't recall a dry eye on the line somewhere around the fifth name being called...but none-the-less... EVERY SHOT CONNECTED!!!

Piru can proudly claim 143 well placed shots down range towards the total count on this volley that occurred at the same time across our great nation.

Pop Quiz scores show that all of our shooters this weekend showed the heart of a Rifleman are well on the journey of finding very much what they're about:

Saturday Morning.....
• 400 - 0
• 300 - 1
• 200 - 0
• 100 - 4
• Bonus - 1
• Bayoneted - 2
Saturday Afternoon
• 400 - 3
• 300 - 1
• 200 - 1
• 100 - 2
• Bonus - 3
• Bayoneted - 0

Sunday Morning.....
• 400 - 1
• 300 - 2
• 200 - 1
• 100 - 4
• Bonus - 1
• Bayoneted - 0
Sunday Afternoon
• 400 - 1
• 300 - 3
• 200 - 2
• 100 - 2
• Bonus - 2
• Bayoneted - 0

As my first Shoot Boss in Training weekend has come to an end, I cannot thank enough the fine cadre of Instructors who came together on this shoot. To the shooters on the line: you made it so, so easy for us! There's good stuff in those lessons we talked about all weekend... from self-reliance, adaptability and perseverance to humility, empathy and patience... I'd share a line with any of you any chance I had!

Oh hey, one more thing... you shooters out there... as far as spreading the word about getting your buddy's to come out for a weekend... YOUR PREPARATION PERIOD HAS ENDED... PASS THOSE FLYERS OUT!!!!

Till next time, Thank you!

Rock & Roll,
- GoneJohnny

Scott1600

"Objects of the most stupendous magnitude, and measure in which the lives and liberties of millions yet unborn are intimately interested, are now before us. We are in the very midst of a revolution the most complete, unexpected and remarkable of any in the history of nations." -John Adams, July 3, 1776.

MtnJohn

I just wanted to throw out many, many thanks to all of the instructors who offered their time, wisdom, and support.  GoneJohnny, Johnnyappleseed, Scott1600, Foppish Dandy, GratefulDog, Mr.Pete (working undercover), and Dano (with the special appearance) - thank you so much for making this past weekend such a memorable and rewarding shoot.

To my fellow shooters, it was an honor to be able to shoot within your ranks.  And I look forward to shooting with more of you in the future.

Keep ringing that Liberty steel one shot at a time.  It's a beautiful sound!

Foppish Dandy

Quote from: MtnJohn on April 25, 2012, 01:45:21 AM
I just wanted to throw out many, many thanks to all of the instructors who offered their time, wisdom, and support.  GoneJohnny, Johnnyappleseed, Scott1600, Foppish Dandy, GratefulDog, Mr.Pete (working undercover), and Dano (with the special appearance) - thank you so much for making this past weekend such a memorable and rewarding shoot.

To my fellow shooters, it was an honor to be able to shoot within your ranks.  And I look forward to shooting with more of you in the future.

Keep ringing that Liberty steel one shot at a time.  It's a beautiful sound!

I'll look forward to seeing you at another shoot soon John! You're also right on the verge there (206 on that one AQT... SO CLOSE!). You've got the skill and the heart... keep persisting!

FD

Scott1600

MtnJohn,
It was great to see you again!  Like so many of our marksmen this last weekend, you're right on that cusp where you've got things down and you're shooting by the numbers... you just have to put everything together and you'll have a great score.  I have no doubt that you will earn that patch.
A wise man came up to one of our shoots a few months ago to deliver some words to some tired and sore Americans on a Sunday afternoon.  He said "anybody can be a "shooter" but what you guys were doing was becoming marksmen."
He was right and I'd go a step further by saying that while not quite Riflemen on paper, you and the rest of our merry band showed the Rifleman's heart and spirit.  With patience, persistence, and focus... it won't be long before the holes on paper reveal the proof.
Looking forward to our next meeting on the Appleseed trail.
-Scott

PS:  If you're not going to MrPete's Appleseed event at Glen Helen this weekend, there's a CMP Garand clinic and competion at Ojai valley Gun club this upcoming sunday that you might find interesting.  PM me if you would like more info.

DogpawSlim

I want to thank everybody for a great weekend; instructors and shooters alike. 

I will be back.  I will destroy that AQT.

-Greg

MR B (549)

Third time at Appleseed .... Another LTR , thanks Scott and Johnny ( Dirty Harry style take down 22LR)
I feel that this time was all about NPOA and resp pause . Thanks again to Scott 1600 for taking time with me and of course  seeing all the familiar faces makes for a great day . See you guys next month
O0
In a time of universal deceit,
telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: DogpawSlim on April 25, 2012, 03:44:58 AM
I want to thank everybody for a great weekend; instructors and shooters alike. 

I will be back.  I will destroy that AQT.

-Greg
[/quote
We have a really nice Rifleman Badge with your name on it Greg  ;D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge