News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Promotions work!

Started by George Hacker, March 06, 2014, 12:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Hacker

Washington state volunteers,

I just wanted to give you an update and let you know that promotions work! For the last couple years, we have struggled to get people to attend our shoots in Waitsburg. Many who have attended came from the Puget Sound area, but now that we have shoots in that area, not as many people will go out of their way to attend an event.

Last weekend Theophilus and Joni spent their weekend working a booth at the Tri-Cities Great Outdoor Expo. They exhausted their supply of tri-folds and Bloody Butchery posters. The Waitsburg event for this year was put on the calendar Sunday afternoon. As of today, there are 6 people signed up to attend the upcoming shoot in Waitsburg (5 of them 1st-time Appleseeders). Promotions work!

We were contacted by the folks sponsoring the Northwest Preparedness Expo in Prosser, WA, May 2-3. They reached out to us and would like to have us at their expo. People know who we are and are interested in what we have to offer. What we need are volunteers who would be willing to staff a booth and share our message and our mission with people. Theophilus told me he had an excellent time at last weekend's event. Could I get a volunteer or two to staff the event in Prosser? It is a Friday/Saturday event. There is an Appleseed event scheduled for Waitsburg that weekend, so I need a volunteer or two who will be willing to do promotions.

Here is the link to the dashboard for the Prosser promotions: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=39898.msg286332#msg286332

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."