News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Years Day mini Logan MT.

Started by Mark Davis, January 02, 2011, 12:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Davis

Nice crisp morning, temp about 5 above, winds calm.
The forcast was much worse than reality and the five who showed up came well bundled.
First order of the day, show up after the sun is up, then build a fire.
With only experinced appleseeders invited the focus was a redcoat then the famed qualification targets.
Thburr, and BEEMER coverd range saftey, safe rifle and line commands.
We proceeded, every person there except Necee had fired rifleman scores in the past, Necee cleaned the redcoat then turned in several rifelman scores.
HUZZAAAAA! you were so close back in Billings, as you fired everything was solid. I'm even more convinced that the problem was scope parallax.
Beemer fired rifleman scores right away, and then ran the line with his support shoulder giving him greif from just a couple targets.
MontanaAnnie and thburr were struggling with clothing.
The transitions are tough whenever dressed like the michelen man.
Ole clod had to fire a second qualifacation target to score in the riflemanzone.
By the end of the day everyone had a decent target.
Thburr told us about Paul Rever's parentage, up bringing, and activisim. Those subjects are lacking in the story told by ole clod.

Wheeler44

"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

Mark Davis

some photos

BEEMER

What a great way to start the year.  A portent of things to come . How many Appleseeds have happened where everyone scores Rifleman?

BEEMER

lets see if any of these photos work.

Necee

HUZAAAAA!!!  FINALLY got my rifleman score...and kept them coming   ;D  Thanks Clodhopper for setting this up!!!  The fire was sure helpful to get the fingers moving a little here and there and once the sun popped up it wasn't too bad.  Beemer- great to see you again and nice job on the line- thanks for coming over the pass!   Couldn't have been a better day for me (minus the cold of course)- started out with a cleared redcoat and 4 rifleman AQT's....  Best day at the range....EVER... Following are the pictures from my phone... 

thburr

I finally shot Rifleman after a poor performance in the morning.  Montana Annie took pity on me and kept shooting until I finally shot a rifleman or two. 
I got my blue patch and presented some history for the first time.  Nobody fell asleep so I guess it wasn't too bad.
Necee could do no wrong.  Next time she's cleaning the rifles.
Clodhopper and Beemer ran the line and we had a great day!