News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR ....... Corpus Christi 17-18 April

Started by POP, April 19, 2010, 02:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POP

:~ :~ :~ ^:)^
And, I mean it.
What a great weekend in Corpus Christi, Texas
Now for the QD-AAR

Saturday, 6 Shooters on the line.  Lead down range just before 10 a.m.  All six shooters showed remarkable improvement from Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon.
EyeQ's brother scored a high of 199 on his first time at an Appleseed.  Not bad at all for a 13 year old shooting his brother's LTR.  We will hear more from this young man.
Jeff shot a bolt action Marlin with a scope.  Even with old eyes and bolt action he shot well.
Bob shot his LTR with iron sights.  And, Bob is also knocking on the door to that patch .  Bob says he will be back next month to get it.
Mary, from Austin was one of the most improved shooters.  By EOD Sunday she was shooting much improved groups.  Excellent for a first time shooter.
Scot, from San Marcos, also showed greatly improved marksmanship over the weekend.  Scot says she also will be back, and, that she would like to join the instructor corps.  Expect to see both Scot and Mary show up at the next Fredericksburg event.
Then there's Brendan.  Brendan shot a 218 Saturday on an AQT that I gave extra time on the rapid fire stages.  When I told him that was a good score but, that it would not count because of the extra time alloted he said he wanted his patch by the book.  Well Riflemen, I'm here to tell you that Sunday he did it by the book.   226 O0 Way to Go Brendan.
I am sure we'll see more from this young man.

That's all for now.  More when PICs are posted.

Thanks to all who participated, and to Bulkhead for getting the shoot box here on short notice.

POP

3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Aromatic

POP

Thanks Nick.

First Photo.
Brother and Sister.  Brother shot Rifleman @ 226.
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

POP

I now have all the photos cut down for uploading and will post groups of photos until I get them all up.

First:
Mrs. POP and her dad came out to the range at lunch Saturday to listen to the 2nd Strike and watch a few courses of fire.

Lt. Col Henry Markiel, USAF Retired flew transports during WWII over the hump from China to India and throughout the Pacific theater.  So, in addition to Remembering our Founding Fathers, and, those who gave the ultimate sacrifice on April 19, 1775, we honor men of other wars, men like Col Markiel and EyeQ's grandfather Fred Barcroft who also was in the Army Air Corps during WWII.

For the Strikes there is a map of Battle Road available on the forum in .pdf format.  Although my son David, an Appleseeder in Alexandria, LA, printed one out for me in large format I did not have it with me this weekend.  But, in true Rifleman form I overcame my senility  #) and printed individual copies of the Battle Road Map front/back for the shooters to use during the strikes and to take with them.  I think I'll do that again. 

POP

3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

BDG

well POP, good job. Sorry I missed out this month, but I'll do Corpus next month! Then you, me, and EyeQ can turn Corpus upside down getting a whole slew of new riflemen off the couch!

Thank you both for making it happen.
Davilla Eleven-Oh-Eight!!

POP

We stopped regular programming at 2:45 CST to bring the shooters the special Memorial Event for the day.  We posted two RedCoats and had lead down range at exactly 3:00 p.m.  EyeQ read the names of our fallen heroes and I ran the line.  Within 2 1/2 minutes it was all over.  Our shooters all said they enjoyed that part of the weekend.  The photo was taken later in the day with EyeQ and our six shooters against our Appleseed Banner. I sure am glad the ladies were with us ... Without them I have no doubt that shot would have been the end of my camera.  ++)

POP

PS:
If you want a banner with the come and take it or a different motto PM me.
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

POP

Meet Corpus Christi's newest Rifleman, Yotnotin Ranger BRENDAN, who shot 226 on the 4th AQT Sunday.
Brendan , a friend of Alonso1 and SNAITF, is coming back in May with his buddies.  Word on the street has it he'll take on the Orange hat as well.  Another  
:~ :~ :~ ^:)^ For Brendan!

Corpus Christi is building a great instructor team. 

POP

3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

POP

Here are some photos of our shooters in sitting position.
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

POP

And, our shooters in Prone.
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

POP

Having some difficulty uploading photos.
Will keep working on it until success.  Am tired of the beatings.
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

Mogget

Thanks for the effort.  There are some very good photos here.

Mogs

EyeQ

Great photos POP!

We had a great shoot this weekend helping shooters become riflemen and remembering our American Heritage!  This particular group of shooters were a real pleasure to work with!  Attentive, willing to learn, and willing to get off the couch to listen and learn from the heritage and story of April 19.  What more could you ask for?  As Scout always says, you seem to always meet the greatest sort of people on the Appleseed trail O0

Hats off to Brenden for scoring Rifleman!  To do it at your first Appleseed is a real feat! Jeff, Bob, Hunter, Scot, and Mary.  Ya'll did a wonderful job this week and everyone of ya'll improved greatly by the second day!  Ya'll all have what it takes to become riflemen(and women) just keep at it!  Hope to see all of you in the future on the Appleseed trail! :---

What else can I say?  Every time I go to an Appleseed I an convinced even more as to why Appleseed is so important and why I love doing it.

Huzzah!
I can see the the bullet impacts on your target and so can you, but can you understand what they are telling you?  Targets talk, but it takes EyeQ to understand what they are saying.  Appleseed taught it to me and now I want to teach it to you.

Davilla 11/09!
Davilla 11/10!

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Great job POP and EyeQ! You were blessed to have a part of the Briggs family present. It does my heart good to see them there. If the Briggs join the Instructor Corp...lookout Texas!

Congrats to Brenden!  ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. :--- :--- :--- :---

God Bless Corpus Christi! God Bless Texas!
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

POP

One more Pic coming if I can get it to upload.
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

POP

And, here's EyeQ doing what he does best.  He is after all a young man, and, the young lady did need instruction in the finer points of shooting prone.   **)
EyeQ, thank you for your dedication to the cause of Liberty and American Traditions.   O0

Those of you who have worked with EyeQ or who have been students at a shoot at which he instructed are blessed.   @)
POP

3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Quote from: POP on April 22, 2010, 10:33:42 AM
And, here's EyeQ doing what he does best.  He is after all a young man, and, the young lady did need instruction in the finer points of shooting prone.   **)
EyeQ, thank you for your dedication to the cause of Liberty and American Traditions.   O0

Those of you who have worked with EyeQ or who have been students at a shoot at which he instructed are blessed.   @)
POP

Yes, we are!

Although when he is wearing snake boots, I'm kinda lookin' around on the ground thinkin' EyeQ knows something I don't!  :o
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

POP

EQ works on a Deer Farm.
He has to be cognizant of critters, foreign and domestic.  ;D
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

POP

A pic of our Mobile DIY Target Line.  The idea was from Scout at ARC. Works Great.  
Simple to build.  
T-Posts every 4 feet.  
17 guage wire top and bottom stretch hand tight.  
Corrugated plastic sign board (in this case from after elections) cut 4x4 and fastened with wire top and bottom (the wire is stiff enough to poke easily through the sign board.
That's all there is to it.  And, when you are through,
Reverse the process, roll up the wire, stack neatly in the barn, ready for use another day.
Total cost was about $15.00 for a 1/4 mile roll of wire.  The T-Posts and sign board are compliments of political candidates.  **)

You'll notice that we had room to spread out.  Bob & Jeff were having a contest to see who could help the other out the most.  So, we put 4 feet of target backer between them.  Believe it or don't they still found a way to help each other out.  Rumor has they'll be back in May for a rematch.
POP **)
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

Eleanor of AQT

Davilla 1108

EyeQ

Pop you are not to be trusted with cameras.....  #) &)

Steve,  I don't trust the inherent goodness of rattlesnakes like Scout does.  I'm more of an Alonso kind of guy when it comes to fork tongued sidewinders.  Besides like Pop say I have to watch out for snakes on the ranch I work on.  Two legged ones too....
I can see the the bullet impacts on your target and so can you, but can you understand what they are telling you?  Targets talk, but it takes EyeQ to understand what they are saying.  Appleseed taught it to me and now I want to teach it to you.

Davilla 11/09!
Davilla 11/10!