News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manchester, TN. Oct 2-3 2010

Started by Mudcat, October 04, 2010, 12:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

What a great weekend!!. Lots of great Americans thirsty for Heritage and Marksmanship instruction. As always I enjoyed my weekend at Arnold Air Force base with the TN. crew. They do a great job of promotions down there which showed in the full line. Lots of family and friends shooting together we had shooters from 8 to half a century. Rifles from Crickets to Garands to an M16 of an Air Force marksmanship unit. Fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, fathers and daughter, brothers, cousins, husbands and wives and lots of friends.
People like this remind me why I get up at 0230 in the morning to drive to a shoot. They give me hope for our America, that the Heritage has not been drowned out in all the reality TV and sports that seem so prevalent in today's society. Individuals willing to give up their valuable time and come out and learn a little something. Something about our Heroes, that gave us our freedom we enjoy so much today.
You TN. and GA. folks showed me a great time this weekend, well worth my time for sure. Thank you very much!

I will post some pictures of the weekend a little later and add some more comments after work. I just wanted to get this started for some others that had PMed me.   

Mudcat
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Grandson of Liberty

As Mudcat said, "what a great weekend!" It truly was, and many thanks to him for coming down and putting on a great shoot. O0

I was so impressed with the shooters, not only in their abilities and the teachable attitudes they all demonstrated, but in their character and their passion for learning our heritage and their obvious desire to pass it along to others. I know I should stop being surprised, as I know by now that Appleseeds just seem to attract the highest quality folks I've ever met.

Thanks to all the other instructors as well for being a part of it and making it happen, as well as to all the shooters and to those who stepped up to take on the orange hat of destiny.  :)  You're in for an amazing journey!

I wish I had pics to post, but as I said to folks yesterday, "It wouldn't be an official Appleseed if I didn't forget my camera."  #)
"Who hasn't done 'Number 2' on Bob yet?"- Jr. Birdman, Piru IBC, Three-Oh-Nine

MosinMan

Great weekend!
Thanks to all the instructors!  You guys did a great job.  I learned a lot and had a great time.
Also, thanks for helping my daughter (Cricket Girl).  She had a ball and really improved a lot by the end of the second day.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. 
~Thomas Paine

Broomhead

I have a blast this weekend. Appleseeds will never cease to give me goose bumps. Like the Lee Greenwood song goes, "I am proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I'll gladly stand up next to you to defend her still today." I met some tremendous people through this program a feel that I am a better person for meeting them. I feel honored to be allowed to don the Orange Hat. I will do my best to uphold that honor.

Thank you to Grandson of Liberty, Mudcat, TNColonel, and everyone else that was working the shoot, y'all made me feel very at home as a new IIT. I am really passionate about shooting and upholding our American heritage and what those before us have fought and died so bravely and boldly to uphold and defend. I will stop gushing for now.

Thanks.
I am PROUD to be an AMERICAN!!
Life and Liberty, I will defend them until my final days!

BlackSheep

Wow!
Both Kira and I had a great time!  O0  O0  I never fail to be impressed with the folks I meet in the shooting sports and this weekend was no exception. This was our first Appleseed, and won't be the last. The quality of instruction was top notch and the attention to safety was exactly where it should be. This was a well organized and well thought out weekend. The lessons and stories from the events of April 19th were well done and enjoyable.

Thank you to our Shoot Boss, Red Hats, and Orange hats. Great job!

BlackSheep

A couple of pictures: the first is the 7 guys who shot a rifleman score on Sunday and the second is TNColonel with Kira and myself.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."   Benjamin Franklin

TN_Dadx5

First of all, thanks to Mudcat, the Shoot Boss and all the Instructors and IITs.  This was my second Appleseed but not my last.  The instruction is better than what I was given in the Army.  The history is brought alive by the instructors.  Like Mudcat says, I have a whole new group of heros.

My two older children had a great time and their rifleman skills are increasing.  The junior IIT group will have more members soon! O0
"A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins." Benjamin Franklin
Visit and "Like" the TN Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Tennesse.Project.Appleseed

tncolonel

What a great turnout and a great group of folks.  Special thanks to Mudcat for stepping up to be the Shoot Boss for this event.  Thanks to Grandson of Liberty (Red Hat) LilBit:) (IIT2) and her dad (who bought us our new poly target backers), TnDryFire (IIT2) and McLuvin.223 (IIT) for staffing this clinic. Great weather, although we got a taste of the cooler weather to come on Sunday. We had the largest number of new Riflemen of any of the 11 Appleseeds we have hosted on this range over the last two years, and the most folks stepping forward to take an Orange Hat and begin their IIT journey.  I hope many will return for our November Winterseed.

Tncolonel
Tennessee State Coordinator and LBOG @ Manchester