News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wilmington, OH 20-21 April 2024 CCFSA AAR

Started by Longrifleman, April 21, 2024, 03:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longrifleman

Out of respect for the solemn importance of Patriots's Day weekend we've decided not to boast about the hallowed ground of Good 'Ole Bay 7 or tout the magic gravel dust or even make up a new nickname for it like "The Valley of the Rifleman" or something. Instead we'll attribute the amazing success of our brave band of shooters to their humble dedication to the cause of Liberty and the preservation thereof.

Twenty patriots fortunate enough to get on the roster at Clinton County Farmers' and Sportsman's' Association range in Wilmington, OH presented arms and made ready on a Glorious Saturday morning upon which we marked the 249th anniversary of that fateful day so long ago. All were truly humbled by the responsibility they hold to keep our history and heritage alive.

Our event opened with a stirring rendition of the First Strike of the Match that set the mood for the rest of the weekend as History took a front seat at our table of liberty. Once the serious business of safety was concluded we faced off against the battle line of Redcoats and watched Nate, Bryan, Joe, and Michael each take one down!

The firehose of instruction began and only paused when the second round of The Strikes riveted our attention at lunch. Afterwards, as we took our places on the line, it was clear that we were in for a special weekend of marksmanship. All of our student seemed adept at producing tight groups centered in small squares!

The final Strike was stirringly given followed by the first AQT that, late in day, saw Steven earn his first Rifleman patch in convincing fashion with a cool 216. Micheal, Nolan, Nate, and Robert re-qualified along with Doug who led them all with a 233. The shadows had grown long when Bryan and Doug closed our day by knocking down a couple of Redcoats for us.

As the sun rose on Good 'Ole Bay 7 Sunday morning it was cold, cloudy, and a perfect day for shooting! After a quick review, Avery, Nate, and Nick showed us that their Hits Counted and we were off. A couple of drills and a few squares led us to the first of what would be an amazing list of Rifleman scores put up by a talented group of shooters. Joe and Bryan re-qualified along with Nick and Nancy. Avery nailed his first with a 215 and Edward showed us all how it's done with his first at 238.

Another round had Robert and Nolan joining the fun with re-qualifiers and young Joe cranking out a Distinguished with the weekend high of 246. Further rounds of AQTs saw Jim post his first at 213, Nolan nail Distinguished with a 243 and Joey also join the corps of Riflemen with a 217! The young guys may have had the highest scores but it was the crew of Dangerous Old People, Susan, Doug, and Bryan (the DOPs) who took home the Fabulous Prizes of Unspeakable Value in our team drill.

Soon the time was upon us to commemorate the loss of life and the shedding of blood that gave us the Liberty we are struggling to hold onto today. A stirring Memorial Volley reminded us all of the ultimate sacrifices made by those few on that fateful Glorious Day for America.

We then squeezed in a couple of Quick and Dirty AQTs for good measure and brought it to a close with a Redcoat CoF allowing Susan to clear her first with Robert, Nolan, and Bryan backing her up.

So many others were giving everything they had. Sammy was so, so close and Katheryn made the best of a very challenging weekend. Remember - persist, persist, persist! Don't forget to Dry Fire Practice, too. And we would love to see Ayden, Jeff, and David come on back for more!

Overall an amazing weekend. Five new Riflemen and nine re-qualifiers out of twenty ain't a bad way to remember our heritage!

Special thanks once again to CCFSA - "The Greatest Range in Appleseed" and to our dedicated corp of instructors specifically Redleg, Owl1, SawdustJake, goodoldfriend, REDNINE, Griffin, Sparky117, HikerMatt, and Longrifleman.

We'll see you next time!
Do thou Great LIBERTY inspire our Souls- And make our Lives in thy Possession happy- Or, our Deaths glorious in thy just Defense.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword because the whole body of the people are armed"- Noah Webster A.D.1787

". . . They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons,
that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and
delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings
said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
"The Gods of the Copybook Headings,". Rudyard Kipling A.D.1919

goodoldfriend

This was a great weekend for America. The folks who attended the event in Wilmington displayed the attributes of our patriotic ancestors.
They held up well on the crisp Ohio days and followed instructions well.
The stories of April 19th were riveting and the marksmanship was impressive.

It is a blessing to be among people who love and support their country.
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Sparky117

It was a great weekend. It's always fun watching shooters work and strive and achieve the rifleman's badge and clearing a red coat. Those are no small achievements. I did get a real joy out of watching Robert take the time to very calmly clean his rifle on the fourth stage of one of the AQTs. Even with taking the time to clean the rifle he still finished in the 5 minute allotment. Later on the "Dangerous Old People"  (they chose the name) team decisively removed the Morgan's shingle from existence and securing themselves a victory! Hazza! Hazza! Hazza!

Sparky117

Just a couple of pictures from early Saturday morning.

Longrifleman

Do thou Great LIBERTY inspire our Souls- And make our Lives in thy Possession happy- Or, our Deaths glorious in thy just Defense.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword because the whole body of the people are armed"- Noah Webster A.D.1787

". . . They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons,
that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and
delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings
said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
"The Gods of the Copybook Headings,". Rudyard Kipling A.D.1919

Owl1

Great Appleseed weekend. Enjoyed working with all the shooters and fellow instructors.
Over the years I have enjoyed watching Nolan and Joe grow in their marksmanship and now to see them achieve Distinguished Rifleman; well done!
Many thanks to Redleg for demonstrating all the positions and Goodoldfriend for scoring all those rifleman AQTs.
I never in my life saw better rifles (or men who shot better) than those made in America.
--Col. George Hanger, a British officer

Owl1

I never in my life saw better rifles (or men who shot better) than those made in America.

Owl1

And more pics.

Owl1

And still more pics.

Owl1

And yet some more.

Owl1

and yet still some more pics.

Owl1

And finally.

HikerMatt

First day was outstanding. Beautiful day with quality drills. Saw much growth on the last red coat. That translated into riflemen on Sunday. Great instruction and use of time! Huzzah!
Plans are useless but planning is everything.
                                     D. Eisenhower

SawdustJake

Always a great group of shooters and instructors. 
SawDust Jake.  Have rifle will shoot, have harmonic will play.
90 degrees off!!!!!

RedLeg

What a weekend! Thanks to all the shooters for braving the always questionable April weather and taking the time to come out and spend the weekend learning about the founding of this great nation and how to be a better marksman.

Congratulations to our newest riflemen Steven, Edward, Avery, Joey & Jim! Your persistence has paid dividends and this shows in your shooting. I look forward to seeing you at future events!

Congratulations to Joe as well for shooting a Distinguished score of 246 then backing that up several more times throughout the day Sunday.

Fantastic job to all the repeat Rifleman and Nolan for shooting Distinguished again.

For those knocking on the door keep in mind, a Rifleman persists. Continue working on your skills through dry fire and getting out to the range on your own. Hoping to see you out at another event as well.

A heartfelt thanks to all the volunteers, be they Instructors, IITs or Blue Hats. The program would not exist without each and every one of you.

Until next time!
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
We seek not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it." - John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 26 April 1777