News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Sacramento February 19 & 20

Started by nukechaser, March 09, 2011, 03:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nukechaser

The forecast called for rain most of Saturday and some of Sunday, but the only downpour was during lunch/history on Saturday, and did it POUR! Our history tellers had to really raise their voices to be heard as the deluge roared on the aluminum roof of our shelter.

Two folks earned their Rifleman Badge. Daniel brought in a 215 on Saturday and Racky was doused in the cold waters of the North Bridge for his 210.

All of our shooters improved throughout the weekend and the history was well received by all.

Our long-time friends Reid and his protege' Phil (IIT) stopped by Sunday and Reid decided to take on the challenge of Sacramento's high score for an AQT. His resultant 248 using his .22-upper AR-15 shows he was up to the challenge. Well done, Reid!

We switched it up a bit Sunday afternoon during AQTs and ran a "West vs. East"  star target to emphasize rifleman's cadence and it was enjoyed by all.  It seemed to help with a couple of folks running up against the clock.

Redcoats:
Saturday 400   300   200   100   HS   CLR
AM      0   0   1   1   2   0
PM      1   1   1   0   2   0

Sunday         
AM      1   1   1   1   2   0
PM      1   1   1   2   2   1

It was a nice time, even with our "on-the-small-side" turn out. We're really looking forward to return visits by our shooters and the friends they'll bring with them.

"Team Sacramento" did an outstanding job (as usual) and once again showed why they are the best instructors with whom any Shoot Boss could want to work.

Neither of our new riflemen were quite ready to step up to the orange hat... yet. :) Since one is active duty Air Force and the other has six little children it is understandable that they have their plates full at the moment. I humbly and happily accepted my Green ShootBoss hat from BaldDragn. 

- Nukechaser

Dude, have you ever even read the Constitution? Yeah, didn't think so... Read it and you'll see why I'm pissed off!

nukechaser

A few more pictures...
Dude, have you ever even read the Constitution? Yeah, didn't think so... Read it and you'll see why I'm pissed off!

nukechaser