News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April 28-29, 2012 Ohio has a whopping 4 Appleseeds on the schedule!

Started by dirtdawg, April 10, 2012, 09:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtdawg

Three are over in Indians (and possibly Pirates) territory, while one is solidly in Reds territory.  Congratulations to Vienna for selling out early!  Challenge accepted by your Redleg brethren!

MrHappy

I'll be at Vienna, good to hear we'll have a crowd! I've a powerful yearning to teach some pilgrams riflecraft!
Give me Liberty or give me Death
Slaves don't dream of being free. Slaves dream of being Masters ~ August Stetten

Corvette

I will be back in T-county helping at the New Philly event.  Looking forward to it. Hope its good camping weather.
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Corvette

Question, as an IIT, how do you check on registration progress for shoots you are planning to either instruct or attend?  The register link in Eventbright shows remaining tickets but if you don't know where the event count started you don't know the registration count and how many folks to expect at the event. Is this something that I can easily find someplace or does this take super secret logins and rights?

I think it would be useful for the AS volunteers here in Ohio to know which events are selling well and which events might need some extra last minute marketing to get the lines full.  As a new IIT, just trying to learn where information is so I can help the cause.  Thanks in advance for any replies and if this information is not available on the site, that's fine, I will remember to go through the schedule and log the starting numbers for the events I am interested in and track it informally that way.

Corvette   
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Edheler

Quote from: corvette on April 10, 2012, 12:46:28 PM
Question, as an IIT, how do you check on registration progress for shoots you are planning to either instruct or attend?

There is a post on the forum for that: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=26835.0 (It is visible to everyone.)

Corvette

Charles McKinley

Wait!  I have to perform at a sold out show?!?

Trial by fire is the best way. ;D 

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Vienna.

Stand
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

dirtdawg

Quote from: corvette on April 10, 2012, 12:46:28 PM
<snip>
I think it would be useful for the AS volunteers here in Ohio to know which events are selling well and which events might need some extra last minute marketing to get the lines full. <snip>

Corvette
*raises hand*  Corvette- We would gladly accept help marketing the event in Wilmington.  After all, we aren't really all that far from you.

Corvette

Couple ideas:
Do you know any boy scout leaders? They might be able to set up a camp and shoot for their troop. They have done this at Piqua shoots.

Print the Ohio schedule and stuff it into the standard AS flyer. Make rounds to area gun shops, Gander Mtn, etc and see if they will display the brochures and talk to customers buying 22lr rifles about Appleseed.

Talk to your shooting buddies.  I am working on a group of my friends for the New Philly shoot at end of the month.

If you belong to a range that is not an AS sponsor ranges, see if you make a presentation on AS at next meeting.

If you belong to any gun groups, especially state or local groups, write an article for the newsletter that they probably put out. Include AS schedule in the article.

If you have Facebook or other social media, talk up Appleseed on your wall

Just couple ideas off top my head that I hope gets you started on things you might do.   Good luck.

dirtdawg

Quote from: corvette on April 11, 2012, 11:09:38 AM
Couple ideas:
Do you know any boy scout leaders? They might be able to set up a camp and shoot for their troop. They have done this at Piqua shoots.

Print the Ohio schedule and stuff it into the standard AS flyer. Make rounds to area gun shops, Gander Mtn, etc and see if they will display the brochures and talk to customers buying 22lr rifles about Appleseed.

Talk to your shooting buddies.  I am working on a group of my friends for the New Philly shoot at end of the month.

If you belong to a range that is not an AS sponsor ranges, see if you make a presentation on AS at next meeting.

If you belong to any gun groups, especially state or local groups, write an article for the newsletter that they probably put out. Include AS schedule in the article.

If you have Facebook or other social media, talk up Appleseed on your wall

Just couple ideas off top my head that I hope gets you started on things you might do.   Good luck.

Corvette-  All good suggestions.  Thank you for the thoughtful response.  I am in varying degrees of progress for each one of the suggested items (and a few of my own that I am working on) except for the gun shop route.  Still thinking about that one.

One of my super secret projects that I will share with you (I can trust you, right?) is to set up a rimfire match at my club.  Everybody that comes out is a potential Appleseed recruit.  While they are on the line I can directly market the project to them as a means to improve their scores.  Sneaky, huh?

BTW- I think we are about 1/4 of the way to a full line at Wilmington.  Still bearing down on it   O0

Dangerous D

Don't forget to send those Lady Shooters up to Wooster next weekend. There are already 8 signed up and room on the line for more. Come join Ratchett, Ishy, Pink-E and Me to Shoot Like a Girl :)