News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Myakka, FL Apr 27-28 ARR 2024

Started by BaldEagle, April 29, 2024, 10:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaldEagle

To All,

To start, I am biased but we seem to always have the best shooters and instructor population. This weekend did not disappoint. This was typical Florida spring time weather. Low's in the low 60's and highs in the low 80's for the afternoons. The winds, well.... were formidable blowing over chairs and anything not tied down to literally blowing rifles off the line ahead of the firing line. Even with that our students persevered and groups closed and scores went up.

Our instructor cadre is generous and dedicated. One of our instructors brought a period correct flint lock muzzle loader ( a replica of Issac Davis' Muzzleloader ) and demonstrated it to the group. Then allowed those that wanted to load and fire that piece. Huzzah! thank you AJ! The group continued to drink in the history and instruction throughout the weekend.

We ended up the weekend with several instructor re-qualifications and a new rifleman (First time Appleseeder!!) We had about half the group knocking at the door with respectable scores like 208!

All were out of bootcamp.

Discussions and interactions were great. We had several youth on our line which is alway a pleasure to see. Lots of family and friends. 7th stepping works!!

Thank you to all my fellow patriots, instructors and students for turning out this weekend. Your perseverance and dedication are what makes the difference.

WaltherDawg

I was one of the shooters, had a great time. The instructors were excellent and weather wasn't bad. Excellent experience, I will be back.