News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

El Paso,Texas Februrary 18-19,2012

Started by Jerry Hall, February 19, 2012, 11:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Hall

When in the course of human events an Appleseed Instructor Cadre has the opportunity to serve such a fine group of awakening Americans, we know that the Founders are smiling on us. Several of our nations Active Duty Military, 2 full families, a young man from the next town up the road, Mikki and her assistive  animal; Cinnamon(the German Shepherd), all arose to the call of the History and Heritage of these United States.
Throughout this event everyone was improving their marksmanship abilities, as well as expanding their horizons with tales from the American Revolution.
While all of our Shooters were making significant improvements in their Marksmanship skills, many of them knocking on the door, only Beth was to rise to the call of the AQT with a Rifleman's score of 211. Beth graciously accepted a cursory baptism with North Bridge water to seal her achievement.
Tori, having performed to a Rifleman's Standard at her first event, confirmed her abilities at this event and accepted the invitation, responsibilities and commitment of joining the Appleseed Instructor Cadre as an IIT. Welcome Tori!
It is always a pleasure to be allowed to use the State of the Art facilities of The El Paso Community College- Law Enforcement Training Academy's- Indoor Range.
We of the Instructor Cadre for this event are truly grateful to fine folks like these for helping with the enormous task of saving the US America.

"...till we meet again".

PS: We don't need anyones permission to save this country!

"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

scuzzy

Dang, good stuff there. You have a good way of saying things.

I've never got that far out west Texas yet to meet  y'all, and sure hope I can sooner or later. Thank's for  the report.  And tell Beth 'Howdy' for me.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Wade

Another great shoot  in a state I have no been to shoot at since Devilla .

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

FBJ

I had the honor of spending an outstanding weekend with some remarkable folks at the El Paso AS.
The cheerfull and enthusiastic attitudes were great. The commitment could be seen in the steady improvement enjoyed by all.
The shooters are truly RIFLEMEN in spirit. The instructors were not just mentors, they were sources of inspiration.
Thank you for an unforgettable event! 

starfox

Way to go Jerry and thanks always to the NM crew for supporting!  It's great to see EPCC bays full!!
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

oladcock

Good job El Paso! Wish I could have been there or you guys in Lubbock! :) We froze our tails off, it was wonderful! LOL....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Victoria Lynn Theis

It was an enormous pleasure and an honor to work with such fine up and coming Riflemen and Riflewomen, as well as such a talented and helpful cadre. The improvement shown by the shooters on the line as well as their positive attitudes really made me proud. And a huge thanks to Jerry for being an outstanding Shoot Boss and extending the invitation for me to become part of the Appleseed Cadre. I was very humbled and honored to join such fine ranks. Overall, it was an amazing shoot and I can't wait for the next one.
"Stories of the past are most important. Legends teach us and guide us in searching out the truth of our history."

-Tamora Pierce

TaosGlock

Way to go Jerry and crew! What a great group of shooters!
We just rolled in from our Raton shoot!
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Johnnyappleseed

Great job Texas  O0.
Reading the aar ,you really connected well ,Jerry and staff  O0
Nice to see El Paso venue so enthusiastic about the AS program .

Years ago we did one at Ft Bliss  --somehow that venue is no longer available . wonder if it could be brought back online . That was a successfull shoot too, but there was a glitch somewhere at Ft bliss headquarters :(

I remember El Paso as one of the most friendly polite cities I ever visited !  ;D
Taos Glock --you still have those shirts? with the King and AW quote ? lol
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

oladcock

Thanks Tory for taking the hat! You'll be a great addition to the team.....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

WestTx

Ft Bliss has always been available for outdoors and long range. Someone just has to work up a schedule with the Rifle Director out there. And he is reasonable. Mostly.
Rifleman. That says it all.

TaosGlock

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on February 21, 2012, 04:32:06 AM
Great job Texas  O0.
Reading the aar ,you really connected well ,Jerry and staff  O0
Nice to see El Paso venue so enthusiastic about the AS program .

Years ago we did one at Ft Bliss  --somehow that venue is no longer available . wonder if it could be brought back online . That was a successfull shoot too, but there was a glitch somewhere at Ft bliss headquarters :(

I remember El Paso as one of the most friendly polite cities I ever visited !  ;D
Taos Glock --you still have those shirts? with the King and AW quote ? lol

I do! They sure are Appleseed correct, especially after one hears the 3 strikes! O0

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: WestTx on February 23, 2012, 08:46:53 AM
Ft Bliss has always been available for outdoors and long range. Someone just has to work up a schedule with the Rifle Director out there. And he is reasonable. Mostly.

Mr S  O0
Whoo Hooo , you have no idea how nice it is to see your post .
I fondly recall you shooting that big 14 ;D
Hope all is well with you and yours , see you on the trail  ;)

TG  ;D ;D ;D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

WestTx

All is well. I have been recommending Appleseed to many since taking a much more quiet post. (Ask Criss Berry!) Appleseed is till the only viable solution, even if periodically one is at odds with administration<GRIN>
Great news from Jerry Hall who has done a yeoman's job of keeping Appleseed alive, 20 folks at a time, in a town that suffers from apathy. Great job Jerry. A tip of the sombrero to you.
Rifleman. That says it all.

Johnnyappleseed

Sir ,
You have always had/have the heart of a Rifleman  O0
Besides the heart of a Rifleman , you have Rifleman badge via 762x51  ;D

Keep up your good work Sir
Calvin Coolidge

duc-dog

Great Shoot!  An outstanding group of both shooters and instructors.  Lots of new faces but they all seemed like old friends.  Appleseed is like that,  you always meet Americas finest on the line.  Congrats to Beth on making that riflemans score and a heartfelt Thanks to Victoria for stepping up and accepting the responsibility of the IIT role.   

Milt
If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)