News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Sunland, CA October 6/7, 2012

Started by gonejohnny, October 07, 2012, 10:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gonejohnny

Another great weekend in at the Angeles Ranges in Sunland, CA! The weather was perfect as 12 of 14-shooters arrived for their first ever Appleseed Weekend! The fire-hosing commenced and we all got down to business straight away.

"Hasty Luke" made an appearance (this time with a loop sling) and brought along three very lovely girls with him to enjoy the weekend. All did a fabulous job and stayed right with it as groups shrunk and shrunk and shrunk all day. On Sunday Luke came through by the seat of his pants… With his girlfriend's rifle, on the last AQT of the day… literally one day before his Rifleman's Opportunity Card was to expire… wait for it… an exact score of TWO-TEN… s p l a s h… I know someone has a picture… sure it will soon follow.

Shooter Kevin was run through his paces (literally). You see, Kevin is a very experienced high-power shooter from the area and just a devastating shot to say the least. Not sure if he'd experienced anything like the rapid pace of the official Appleseed Course of Instruction before… but he hung in there… After a "Parker's Run & Gun" and a good ole "Rapid Fire AQT", Kevin finally got out of his head for a minute and laid down a score of 230 right after lunch on Sunday! Nice Job, man! N I C E - J O B ! ! ! True to the spirit of Appleseed, Kevin got right down back in the dirt to help coach the other shooters to get them over the hump! Thank you ! ! !

Saturday lunch held a special treat! With a wealth of experience, knowledge and charisma - local mentor Tom Temple gave a wonderful presentation of the M1 Garand the history behind the CMP. If anyone local to the area wants to learn more about getting into High-Power, Tom is definitely your man!

Girls: Courtney, Sabrina and Caroline - you all did just so great. We hope to see you back soon! There's a patch in every one of you for sure.

Krystal did great, sporting her grandfather's almost 100-year old tube-fed (from the buttstock) Marlin .22LR. Stayed with that beast all day!

Shooter Jaime was right there along everybody banging away at the instruction, showing tremendous improvement.

Saturday only brother & sister's Ignacio were an absolute pleasure to instruct and tremendous improvement was blisteringly obvious by the end of day on Saturday. Father & Son team the YamaSh*ta's were wonderful to be there with too and both did just great! It's always special to see a family shooting together.

Mark… Mark, Mark, Mark… Sooooo close, man. You'll get there… Now that we've established that rifle's like to be cleaned before being beating on all day… Dry Practice and some more time spent and we'll be handing you a patch in no time!

JB! Great to see you on Sunday! Great to see everyone!

Till next time, Thanks to Gratefuldog, Foppish Dandy, MR B (549) and CibGrunt for letting me spend the weekend with them!

- GoneJohnny

MR B (549)

How about that  ? Ca gets two more riflemen  ^:)^ Yaaaaaay!!!!!
What a great weekend . It was both an honor and a pleasure to be surrounded by some great folks . You guys all did us proud this weekend and I hope that each and everyone of you guys are beaming ear to ear with the improvements that were made . For those of you who showed up for the first time ....Welcome ...I can attest to the fact that it just gets better and better the more one practices/dry fires ...It's up to you how much time you want to put into it  but the pay off is amazing ...It took me a few weekends of appleseeds and dry practice to get up to speed . So keep at it and you'll be successful !!! Pictures to follow this post
In a time of universal deceit,
telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

MR B (549)

Congrats Kevin
George Orwell

MR B (549)

And Now for some North Bridge Water .......

George Orwell

MR B (549)

Taken Like a real rifleman!!!!

George Orwell

MR B (549)

And now for your Shoot signed AQT!!!!
George Orwell

Foppish Dandy

I'm always so bummed when I'm not able to spend a full weekend with such a great group of shooters. Unfortunately, life so often gets in the way of things we'd rather be doing.

In the short amount of time I was able to work with all of you on Saturday, I was blown away by the willingness to learn and the improvement I saw in each of the shooters.

Here's some of the shots I managed to grab.
Also, please take a moment to "Like" our Facebook page and tag yourself in some of the photos: http://www.facebook.com/SoCalAppleseed

Sam/FD
Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

Foppish Dandy

... aaaaaaand a few more.
Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

cibGrunt

Kevin and Luke, fantastic job on shooting a Rifleman score.  All the shooters made great progress, I'm looking forward to seeing all of you make Rifleman... keep practicing.

Thanks for all of the support from a great group of instructors, this just keeps getting better and better!

Gary