News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mini-Appleseed, Cloverdale, In March 28

Started by DaveD, March 28, 2009, 08:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveD

Great shoot today, a little wet, but no snow!!.  Eight shooters on the line, two of them new to Appleseed. 

COF =  Red Coat, squares and  QDAQT.  A little more time and I'm convinced we will have four more Rifleman. 

As it was, while I was covering the Six Steps and other important items with the six newer shooters, Hawkhavn ran our two experienced Appleseeders through an AQT. As a result we handed out two Rifleman patches and one Orange hat.   O0

Since the wet weather of our previous Mini destroyed the cardboard target backers while we were trying to shoot, I decided this time to use 1" construction foam board as backers, cutting a 4 x 8 sheet into two 2 x 8 sheets, tied with wire ties to plastic electric fence posts.  Not as cheap as free cardboard, but the weather doesn't bother it!  Targets when wet tend to stick to it instead of tearing off in the wind.

Will be using the same boards for several shoots, they are almost self-healing (at least with 22LR)

We had fun!  Our next Mini is May 30th.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

hawkhavn

All,

Unforgiven repeated and topped his previous Rifleman score while Bill of Rights decisively blew through the 210 barrier without looking back.  Bill then made good on a previous promise and put on the Orange hat.  In typical Hoosier fashion he was soon performing line responsibilities.

More hands make for light work and we have another pair now for April 19.

In more good news the landowner for the sold out Lafayette, IN April 18-19 shoot e-mailed and he was able to increase his available line and add more spots for shooters!

Great day all around,
Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com