News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

South Huntsville AL Mar 20, 2021 Pistol Clinic - Event ID: 7536

Started by Mixed Metaphor, March 22, 2021, 08:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixed Metaphor

The Great State of Alabama has conducted another Pistol event.
IT WAS AN AWESOME DAY!!
I want extend our deepest gratitude to Don Eiermann, owner of Hobbs Island Shooting Range (HISR).  Don is a tremendous supporter of Liberty and Project Appleseed!
Thank you to the Shooters for allowing us to be part of your lives for the day.  Time is the most precious thing we have.  I thank you for yours. 
We arrived around 7:15ish and held an instructor meeting.  The instructors headed down to finish setting up the range.  We had 8 Shooters in Pistol Bay 3.
We had instruction on safety in the classroom, and an amazing recount of the First Strike by our very own History Guru AH1Tom.  Then down to the range we went.  Once there, we reviewed safety and brought pistols to the line.  Our first 13 rounds was a Hits Count/ Red Coat target.  On the range we learned about proper grip of the pistol, chamber checking, Weaver and Isosceles stances, low ready centerline index and natural point of aim.
We practiced each skill using the Small DOTS target and dry fire exercises for each block of instruction.  A great learning experience for all!  There was improvement throughout the line.
After the practical exercises, we proceeded to the PQTs. 
We had 3 out of the 8 qualify as Pistoleerâ„¢s!  EddieB was a triple qualifier (shot 3 expert scores) M4JORTOM and Alex are new Pistoleerâ„¢s as well.
I can't possibly express my gratitude adequately to AH1Tom.  Without him, it would have been beyond difficult. 
I hope to see you all 17-18 April 21 for the Patriot's Day event at HISR.

I love Appleseed.

If'n ya got pichers, post'em up here pleez.

May Liberty Increase!
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

Mixed Metaphor

Pictures.
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama