News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Congratulations to Smurf - New York's newest Red Hat Instructor!

Started by Another D.O.M., July 31, 2012, 02:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Another D.O.M.

It is with pride and pleasure that I announce the promotion of Smurf to full Instructor status. 

I've worked with Smurf from his first event as an IIT, I've attended IBC with him, and I've enjoued watching his development as an RWVA Instructor.  He worked hard to advance himself from IIT to RHI in a short period of time, and he has earned my respect, my admiration and my thanks.

Congratulations Smurf!
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

hinermad

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on July 31, 2012, 02:12:07 PM
Congratulations Smurf!

Hear, hear!

Smurf's rendition of the First Strike will really get your heart pumping. and if you have a question he can't answer he'll go find out - then you both learn. Now that's a teacher.

Bravo Zulu, sir!

Dave

GEmanuel

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

Spartan

"With your shield or on it"

R1SGx2

Smurf,
O0
Nice work, and thank you for all you do,
You know we need the help.

Now get out there and get some dirt on that new hat...
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

The Mrs.

Sean -

Well deserved!!  Damn, I wish I was there to see it and give you a proper congrats,.

Sue
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

nyrasgt

S/S,
   Outstanding...now get your certificate and start using that IPP 1/3 off discount - you've earned it...
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

George Hacker

Congratulations, Smurf. O0

Wear that red hat with confidence and let's save this nation by making more riflemen.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

sgtrock

Dude

Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

LittleMo

Sean,
Congrats!!!  I'm glad to see you in Red! You've done well.
It would have been nice to have been there to see you accept it, seeing I convinced you to become an Instructor!  :)
Now as Mark said, now get some dirt on that hat.
Let's make some more Riflemen, recuit and train more Orange Hats, and save the nation from apathy!
O0

Gary
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

Josey Wales

..Smurf.. Thanks for all you do!!.. Congratulations  :---

..Strength & Honor..  .. Josey Wales..
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Barbie

Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Odin

Deluce Bellum Inexpertis (sweet is war to those who have never experienced it) - Roman Proverb

"Of his knowledge a man should never boast, but be sparing in his speech.  When to his house a wiser man comes, seldom do the silent make mistakes" - Havamal

"To ask well and answer rightly are the marks of a wise man" - Havamal

VietVet

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Sly223

"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Smurf

I came to Appleseed as what I then believed was an experienced shooter and left as a changed person. The same change that you see in the students as they leave. The difference that burns so brightly in the eyes of those same students as they return a 2nd, 3rd or however many times that they return. And they do return. Some more than others but all are changed. For now deep inside them now beats the heart of an AMERICAN RIFLEMAN. as it beats within ourselves. We continue the work started by a people born generations long, long before us. We honor their beliefs and wishes. We honor and respect their hard work. We remember so that others do not forget.

I am a result of the hard efforts of NICKLE, SPARTAN, JOSEY WALES, R1SGX2, ANOTHER D.O.M., RATTLEHEAD, GUNVILLE, NYRASGT, SURESHOT, THE MRS., DAKOTA30, LITTLEMO, TOPCAT, DUDE, GREGCH44, KARIS-WHEEL, NORTATOGA, U.S.CAVALRYMAN, MPH_VT. If anyone has not had the opportunity to study or work with this team, I urge you to do so ASAP for they all do good work. From the low growl of NICKLE to the SONIC FORCE 10 BLAST of KARIS-WHEEL they are all truly special people.

Rattlehead

Sly223

"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!