News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

"Winterseed" event

Started by 4bfox, October 01, 2010, 08:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B-Line

Wish we could have one in Wyoming, but our Instructor can no longer attend. Maybe next year???????????

4bfox

Quote from: B-Line on November 19, 2010, 05:03:59 AM
Wish we could have one in Wyoming, but our Instructor can no longer attend. Maybe next year???????????

That sucks....I was going to say the drive isn't too bad (I've been to WY several times from KS), but wouldn't be fun in the winter!
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

hangfire

Will you have the new Blue Rifleman patch available at the December 4th shoot in Eureka?

4bfox

We should have....you can check with our Shoot Boss (The ][rishman) to make sure.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

gpbbiker

Man........ :(
I am looking at the long range forecast for the "winterseed". Low's in the 30's, highs in the 50's. and DRY!!! :wb:

But HEY! Does wind chill and prairie fires count?? Sustained winds today are 25-35 mph with gusts in excess of 45mph+ and all of northern Oklahoma and central Kansas is under EXTREME fire warning/hazard!! Quick!! 30mph wind off your left shoulder, target out at 500 yds, .308; how much windage?? BOY HOWDY!!

Don't you Oklyhomers be throwing any cigarettes out the window! I remember one fire a number of years ago that got started outside Freedom, OK with a catalytic converter. Some guy pulled off in a ditch, hung it up on some grass and it burned it way's north all the way past Medicine Lodge, KS.

Google map it and you'll get an idea of what that was like! Burned Hundreds of miles of wooden fence posts out plus a farm/ranch or two as I recall. There ain't NOTHIN south of Eureka but dry prairie grass.

See ya there! Yahoo!! :o
"Never pick a fight with an old man, if he's too old to fight, he'll simply kill you."
Loosely attributed to both Ernest Hemmingway and John Steinbeck
"Life is nothing more than the pursuit of stories worth telling to children" - Me

hangfire

I'm watching the extended forcast for both Eureka KS and Humansville MO for the same weekend. Tyring to find out were I am going for the best chance at a Wintry climate. I want a chance at one of the new Winterseed patches and if the weather does not cooperate the patch is not available to anyone scoring Rifleman.  :sos: let it snow  :bow:

4bfox

Well...if you don't get it this weekend, we're doing Winterseeds in Jan and Feb, too!(not on the schedule yet) Unless we have a REAL WARM winter, one of those should work!

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

hangfire

Good deal, I will be looking for the dates to come up on the schedule. Maybe after the first of the year I can get several others to come with me. That would make a good warm up (Ha Ha) for April 19th weekend.

4bfox

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

gpbbiker

As I recall, wasn't it cool and cloudy with a little rain this last April 19th??
Gotta love livin in a country where the odds of cold and wet in April are as good as they are in December!!
"Never pick a fight with an old man, if he's too old to fight, he'll simply kill you."
Loosely attributed to both Ernest Hemmingway and John Steinbeck
"Life is nothing more than the pursuit of stories worth telling to children" - Me

4bfox

Well, we had 6 HARDY SOULS show up for our first Winterseed! No precip, but a HOWLING north wind...didn't check the weather stats (will later), but it's pretty durn cold!

Event is ongoing now, I had to split for a computer emergency (on call). Will rejoin the WS in progress later....

Ben

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

ksuguy

Wish I could have been there, but I was busy ushering at a wedding.   Maybe I'll be able to make one in January or February.  I'd like to try and get that cool winter patch.   

4bfox

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

gard

Forget winterseed.  Come up here to Canada and have an arcticseed.  It's hard to shoot straight when your eyelashes are frozen together.  Current temperature: -28C with the wind chill.

4bfox

Quote from: gard on January 17, 2011, 10:34:13 AM
Forget winterseed.  Come up here to Canada and have and arcticseed.  It's hard to shoot straight when your eyelashes are frozen together.  Current temperature: -28C with the wind chill.

Ummm....you guys can KEEP that! I still remember visiting relatives in Minnesota and venturing into Canada in August when I was a lad of 12-13 yrs old. A squadron of mosquitoes and black flies threatened to abduct my cousin several times....I think she was 5-6 yrs old at the time. We were down around zero with the wind chill, but definitely NOT -28C!

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10