News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kansas Studynight September 8th 7:00-9:00

Started by The ][rishman, September 01, 2010, 04:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The ][rishman

We we will have another study night due to popular request.

I will provide refereshments.

Sound off, if you can make it.

We can cover the areas you feel you need to work on.

][
III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

jollybfd

Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest. - Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. - Thomas Jefferson

gpbbiker

"Never pick a fight with an old man, if he's too old to fight, he'll simply kill you."
Loosely attributed to both Ernest Hemmingway and John Steinbeck
"Life is nothing more than the pursuit of stories worth telling to children" - Me

AFTERMATH

???
Studynight....  Hmm....  Intersesting...
I may need to find out what exactly goes on during these 'studynights'; but I do believe your idea has just been stolen. @)
We'll see what the Minnesotians think. ^-^

Aftermath

p.s.  Sorry for interupting your thread....  I guess it's just something I do.  I probably won't be in attendance.  But it is an excellent idea!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

ksuguy

I'll go.

Also, maybe we should schedule some informal shooting practice on one of the free weekends when we aren't running a shoot.   I'm really out of practice and need to get my skills back up.  Anyone know of any good public ranges around here?  I know there is the public range over at Cheney, but I've never been over there and don't know if they let you shoot at 25 meters or without the bench.      

POP

I'm with Aftermath;  another idea stolen.  I like this one.

Are ya'll all driving to ][rishman's for an evening?  I'd be there but, that's quite a drive for me.  Seriously, that is a great idea. 

ksuguy, on off weekend trigger time, have you thought about the Flint Hills Camp for a day?  That sounds like the best place.

Ya'll keep up the good work.

POP

Quote from: ksuguy on September 01, 2010, 08:27:52 PM
I'll go.

Also, maybe we should schedule some informal shooting practice on one of the free weekends when we aren't running a shoot.   I'm really out of practice and need to get my skills back up.  Anyone know of any good public ranges around here?  I know there is the public range over at Cheney, but I've never been over there and don't know if they let you shoot at 25 meters or without the bench.      
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

4bfox

Hey! You outta-town-guys quit stealing our ideas....

Seriously, though "Study Night" IS a great idea.... I think ][ gets credit for this one. Don't know if I can make it yet, working on it though.

I'm sure Audie (new camp manager) wouldn't mind if we shot on an off weekend...just work out a date.

Ben
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

The ][rishman

Pop and Aftermath, y'all are welcome if you can make it.  I will even put you up for the night and feed you breakfast in the morning.

I consider this dryfire instruction practice. 

][

III

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

AFTERMATH

QuoteI consider this dryfire instruction practice. 
O0

I wish I could.... :(
We'll have to see the lottery resuluts first. :D
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

ksuguy

Quote from: POP on September 01, 2010, 09:52:19 PM
ksuguy, on off weekend trigger time, have you thought about the Flint Hills Camp for a day?  That sounds like the best place.

That would be great.  I'm not sure they would be ok if I just dropped by though.   I don't always know if I'm going to have the weekend free in advance.

I know I'd have a lot of trouble shooting a rifleman score these days with how rusty I am, and I feel kind of bad instructing people when I'm not sure I can do it myself. 

I thought about going down to Florida in December for the Boot Camp to get some shooting in.  Unfortunately, they decided to move it from Bradford down to Myakka.  I was really hoping they'd leave it at Bradford since my grandparents and aunt & uncle live about five miles from that range and it would have been a perfect vacation setup.   

POP

Quote from: ksuguy on September 02, 2010, 09:22:59 PM
I thought about going down to Florida in December for the Boot Camp to get some shooting in.  Unfortunately, they decided to move it from Bradford down to Myakka.  I was really hoping they'd leave it at Bradford since my grandparents and aunt & uncle live about five miles from that range and it would have been a perfect vacation setup.   

On the RBC, Have you thought about Davilla this November.  You'll get lots of trigger time and an opportunity to shoot out to probably 700 yds.
Don't feel too bad instructing when you don't believe you could shoot to rifleman stds.  For example, right now my left hip prevents me from sitting position, making stage 2 impossible.  But, I know the drill just as you know the drill.  Your talent lies in presenting the Nation of Riflemen dream to your students and showing them how to get there. 

Keep up the good work  O0
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

henschman

AWESOME... I might have to come up and hang out, too.  I've been wanting to put something like this together for a while down here in OK. 
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

ksuguy

I did it once and I can do it again,  I just need to get some practice time in.  I'm hoping as we get more instructors in Kansas that we will be able to take turns on the line shooting.

Don't think I can make Davilla.   I think I might have to wait until we do the one in Kansas next year and hope I still have vacation time left when it rolls around.    Its really a shame that they moved the one in Florida, that would have been awesome.  Probably could have talked my uncle and younger cousin into coming out with me too.  

The ][rishman

Hensch,  You are always welcome.  The offer goes for you as well I will put you up for the night and serve breakfast in the morning. 
III

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

ksuguy

I probably won't be able to make it tonight.    I guess I will see you guys this weekend out at Eureka.