News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chugiak Alaska 21-22 April 2018

Started by FourFans, April 25, 2018, 01:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FourFans

I have no idea why I am having a hard time writing the AAR for this shoot. I usually go on and on  (and on and on). I think that I am the problem here.
So, in the spirit of: "Do not let perfect get in the way of really good" , I will stop " fussing the first shot".

It was a really good shoot, it really was.

We started with a max capacity sign-up; and with 4 no-shows plus good weather had a comfortable line.

We had 22 shooters for the Memorial Volley, it want off exactly on time and was very well done. IMHO

From there the weekend progressed much as could be expected. Overall a pretty clean shoot with most parameters being pretty normal.

22 shooters became 16 as the weekend progressed, 3 new Riflemen and a 12 year old girl who shot 214, 214, and 219 off sand bags and who's face could not have managed a bigger smile.

It's unfair to not not tell the story or post the pics just because of my "writer's -block".
So Highest Congrats to Riflemen:
Mike P.
Sam P.
Pat K.

HUZZAH!!

-- FourFans

And now,, all the pics that Hogfamily sent me are failing the AS security test,, stand by to standby.

"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY

Slowpoke

It was an excellent event!  Over 20 shooters, over 10 instructors, family, friends, new shooters, requals, and New Riflemen.

All thanks to the Shoot Boss and my fellow instructors.

It is an honor to be a part of such a wonderful group.  I could go on and on trying to highlight all the individual and group achievements, but I'll settle for just saying "Wow".

And I can't believe it's been a week already, time to start packing for Kodiak!
As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun.  While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind.
Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body, and stamp no character on the mind. --Thomas Jefferson

http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2016/06/safety-is-for-always.html