News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Recent posts

After Action Reports / Re: AAR Rainbow, CA April 20-2...
Last post by Coyote_6 - Yesterday at 07:49:16 PM
I took a couple of pics.
After Action Reports / Re: AAR Rainbow, CA April 20-2...
Last post by Coyote_6 - Yesterday at 07:45:47 PM
This was my first Appleseed!  Great program and great experience all around.  April is the perfect month.

Thanks for all the help. I saw noticeable improvement by day 2!

Steve
After Action Reports / Re: South Huntsville, AL - Apr...
Last post by HardHolder - Yesterday at 07:06:09 PM
It was a great event for all to enjoy and remember April 19, 1775.

Let Freedom Ring!
After Action Reports / Re: Georgetown, IN Apr 27-28, ...
Last post by American Metal - Yesterday at 06:08:51 PM
This is Daren, just signed up today. My handle is a play on the Judas Priest album "British Steel." I chose the name for two reasons 1. I am a big fan of that group and metal music and 2 and perhaps even more important, we broke away from the British! Being at the event this weekend gave me a greater understanding and value of being an American.

I want to thank the crew for their dedication and hard work. I often times get anxious and that leads to frustration. I am grateful for the kindness and patience that was shown to me this weekend. I am also grateful for the knowledge. When I got home I looked up more about "natural point of aim," a term I never heard before this weekend. Just like any other sport, shooting has its own fundamentals to master. I doubt I will but hope to at least become a more proficient shooter. Being in my mid-forties I hope and plan to have another fifty years to do that. I am lucky enough to live on property that affords me room for shooting and I shot some more this weekend. I am practiced more hasty sling in particular and look forward to implementing that in more real world hunting scenarios.

When I go back to work after vacation  I plan to tell anyone who is interested about Appleseed and to look up more about it. I also plan to tell my neighbor who is a father of two young boys about the program.

Thank you all again for kicking off my vacation week with a few days I will not forget. If all goes well I am thinking of returning next year too.  :F
After Action Reports / Re: Canton, GA AAR - Apr. 20-2...
Last post by upacreek - Yesterday at 04:35:57 PM
What better way to commemorate Patriots Weekend than sharing it with friends and their families, celebrating our Second Amendment and the birth of our great nation.

Thanks for sharing your pictures, 6Bones.

John Parker himself made a guest appearance for Patriots Weekend.  Roswell is a great sport.

Cassie, Rollin, & John practice the seated position.  It's great to see families shooting together.

John persisted despite the aches and pains.  We missed you Sunday.

Gator0246 instructs us on talking targets as Rett and Elizabeth soak it in.

Leadslinger66 helps Elizabeth with the kneeling shooting position

Sheriff Reynolds stopped by to show his Appleseed support.  Leadslinger presented him with an Appleseed poster and a certificate of appreciation, thanking him and the Cherokee Sheriff's Office for 6 years of generously letting us use their awesome range.

It was a little wet on Sunday.  Thankfully the rain tapered off the last hour or two.  Everyone just rolled with it.  Shooting in puddles just adds character, right?

6Bones is hard to miss with his new jacket.  Great picture

Austin works on his prone shooting. 

Michael is a repeat Appleseeder and came out Sunday to shoot Patriots Day weekend.  Looking good.

Michael scored 249!!!  Great shooting!

Cassie & Rollin look great. 

Michael, Rett, and Elizabeth shoot seated.

Brad does a great job in the seated position

Leadslinger66 gives Elizabeth a Patriot's Day Patch

Bunny receives her Patriots Day Patch

Bunny shows us her memorial target.  Nice shooting!

Elizabeth scored a 210 and is baptized as a rifleman!!!  Thanks for letting me pour the North Bridge water, Leadslinger.

Roswell/John Parker read the names for the memorial volley
After Action Reports / Re: South Huntsville, AL - Apr...
Last post by upacreek - Yesterday at 02:57:37 PM
Thanks for another great Patriots Day shoot with some pretty awesome instructors, shooters, and range guys. Lunch is always appreciated too.

Slingshooter42 goes over safety

Our New Newsletter! / "The Liberty Pole", Project Ap...
Last post by Newsletter - Yesterday at 12:49:47 PM
Click HERE to view the latest copy of "The Liberty Pole", Project Appleseed's Newsletter (May 2024). Thank you!

In Liberty,
Roswell
After Action Reports / Re: Myakka, FL Apr 27-28 ARR 2...
Last post by WaltherDawg - Yesterday at 12:11:30 PM
I was one of the shooters, had a great time. The instructors were excellent and weather wasn't bad. Excellent experience, I will be back.
After Action Reports / Re: Muskego, WI AAR April 27-2...
Last post by Buck9 - Yesterday at 11:56:39 AM

After Action Reports / Re: Lincoln, NE, April 20-21, ...
Last post by M1bzrk - Yesterday at 11:45:03 AM
Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!
Great Range
Great Instructors
Great Shooters

Thanks to all 3 groups.  Jeff and Jeremy had the drive and perseverance to get things going in Nebraska again and Chris and Abbie generously came down from Iowa to help the program.

Hopefully your example will re-ignite the spirit in others in Nebraska!
Congratulations to you all.  Looking forward to photos.