News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manheim, PA - Aug 17-18, 2013 - AAR

Started by mal, August 21, 2013, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

And another excellent shoot at the Elstonville SA Range in Manheim, PA.  We had 22 attendees throughout the weekend, 19 Sat & 16 Sun, churning out 6 Riflemen, 4 of them new to the ranks.

The weather cooperated with us on Saturday, with sunny skies & mid 80 temps.  Sunday, however, upped the frustration if not challenge by dampening pretty much everything with frequent rain/drizzle throughout the day.  Two thirds of the attendees were return seeders.  It was nice seeing y'all again!  It was also a great a pleasure meeting the first-timers as well :-)

Posting some pics below.  We're here year 'round, so come on back!  Hope to see you again.

I failed to take a pic of the group on Sat, but here is Sunday's class of Aug13.
Let's see, we've got (left to right):
Mike Jr, Frank, Barbie, Josh, Mike Sr, Dan, Mike, Rich, Massimo, Nick, RoverAce, Kenna, Norm, Tovi, Big T, Kaitie, Vince, Jersey Devil & Alexandra.

~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Our posterity:
Nick, Gavin, Alex & Tovi

Thanks for coming out, guys.  See ya next month?
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Our new PA 1st Rifles:

Frank cleaned his Sat AM Redcoat.
Mike Jr cleaned his Sunday PM Redcoat.

Well done, guys!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

The roster of Rifleman from this past weekend:

Frank scoring a 212,
Mike Jr scoring 213,
Dan scoring a 216 followed by a 232,
Norm! (sorry, couldn't help it) re-qualifying with a new best of 230,
Gary, aka Big T scoring a 216,
and last, but certainly not least Rich re-qualifying repeatedly with scores from 235 down to 215 as the weekend took its toll :-)

Congrats to all!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Not liking to toot his own horn, Roverace prodded our special guest Frank Melloni, contestant on A&E's Top Shot - Season 4, to pose for a few pics with the younger shooters this past weekend.

Thanks Frank!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

To top off a splendid weekend, PA hatted a new Instructor-to-be... except he's from Jersey!  Dagnabit!

Thanks Mike for stepping up to join the front line of restoring America's tradition of marksmanship & sharing our heritage.
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Further pics of the event.  Thanks all for coming out!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

Jersey Devil

Some more pics >:D

Jersey Devil

Alex having fun.

Jersey Devil

First Strike.

Jersey Devil

Steady hold factors.

dgrobbi

Great to see the pics up!  Thanks to Mal and Gary for all the solid instructing and history!

Dan