News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bowling Green, KY, August 17-18, 2013

Started by dond, August 17, 2013, 11:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

It is an honor to serve as SB for the very first AS in Bowling Green, KY. Fourteen shooters arrived, anxious to begin learning more about marksmanship, and it didn't take them very long to become absorbed in the history either. They put in a full day today and some are in need of ibuprofen. Many were filling in the black squares successfully and answering questions correctly about IMC. We managed to complete one AQT and are looking forward to many more tomorrow. The day was mostly cloudy, which made for comfortable shooting, interrupted only briefly by a couple of short showers.

The range firing line is covered, with a concrete floor, which enhanced the shooting experience, especially during the rain showers. It is also endowed with another attractive feature: while offering a 25 meter firing line, it also contains targets at 100 and 200 yards. Thus it permits simultaneous shooting at all these distances.

The club management was extremely cooperative and helpful and expressed much appreciation for our safety procedures.

We are anxious to begin a new day with these shooters tomorrow and are expecting even more improvement. All the instructors agree that this is a great group to work with.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Ramblin' Wreck

Another great Appleseed weekend with some very determined shooters. We ended Sunday with 3 new Riflemen and I predict at least 2 orange hats will materialize in that bunch. It's an honor to serve with the finest rifle instructors around and have a chance to learn from Appleseed Master Instructor DonD.

Here are a few pictures I snapped. If anyone else has some please feel free to share them.

Under the watchful eye of the Shoot Boss

Stage 4 on Sunday afternoon

young Patriots

Rifleman Ross, a man who knows very well what he is about.

Implementing the 6 Steps...

Looking forward to my next trip to the Bluegrass state Labor Day weekend for the Appleseed long distance clinic taught by DonD.

Ramblinwreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Big Jim

WOW! I only made it one day but what a great experience. My daughter and I both enjoyed it. I need to sharpen my rifle skills and come to another Appleseed. This was the first trip and a learning experience. I enjoyed the history lesson and DonD is so passionate. We all need to be patriots in the United States. Get involved. We also enjoyed the shooting experience. The instructors were all fabulous.  Attend an Appleseed.

ChuckS

Good to meet you, Ramblinwreck.
Always a pleasure working with you, Don.

Great to meet some engaged shooters and see the lights coming on in their eyes....

Unbridled Liberty

Nicely done gentlemen!  O0  Congratulations to Ross!   I knew you would do it this weekend.  So who are the other new Riflemen?

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Tim

It was great meeting everybody.  I had fun and learned a lot.  Congratulations to all the new Riflemen!   O0

Unbridled Liberty

Just a reminder to all the Bowling Green shooters that we have a shoot coming up very close to you in Cave City.  It's just 1/2 hour away...

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=83

If you didn't get your patch, or if you got your patch and want to fulfill the 2nd shoot requirement to take an orange hat, please sign up ASAP!

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms