News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Kingman, AZ - Sept. 26-27

Started by MOGromit, September 28, 2009, 05:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOGromit

Our first Appleseed in Kingman took place this weekend hosted by the Mojave Sportsman Club just west of town.  The range allocated 5 separate bays for us to use, but despite having 15 folks pre-registered we had 6 shooters on the line Saturday and 7 on Sunday, with two of the Sunday shooters being our range contact and his grandson.  The winner of the longest driving shooter has to be Alex (doubleaction on the forum) who drove in from Santa Barbara, leaving town there at 1 am Saturday to make it to the range on time.

Several shooters had been to an Appleseed before, some were experienced trap shooters with no or little previous rifle experience.  Everyone saw great improvement in their shooting with a high score on the AQT of 206, oh so close.

The heat was a problem to deal with, with highs both days around 95.  Frequent water breaks were filled with history and instruction.  Shade exposure was maximized with all prep work and position/sling/instruction demos taking place under the shelter that the range had moved to the largest bay we had (and the only one we had to use).  This facility could easily handle around 50-60 shooters, and we're going to be talking about the next event to be hosted there in the January time frame.  Some of the shooters were members of the range and knew a lot of folks that would be recruited for the next event.

Many thanks to SavageShooter for making the drive over from CA to help out on the instructing.  I'm now paid back double or more for my trip to Corona last year.  I'll have to make my way to SoCal to help out the CA team once again.

A great weekend for all.

Persist!

AZG