News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Evansville IN. 9/19-9/20 AAR

Started by Mudcat, September 20, 2009, 09:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

Well the weather didn't let us down again. We had a beautiful saturday and a decent sunday am but this afternoon was a toad strangler. Flash flood warnings, flooded roads on the way home, flooded range and parking lot. I still believe everyone had a good time despite the weather.
We have 2 new Riflemen Jared 224 I believe on saturday and Larry with a 231 on sunday with the pouring rain. Riflemen persist right! We also had several that were knocking on the door rather hard.
Lots of kids who were safe and showed progress, some dangerous old men who showed progress too. 3 sets of brothers, 1 set of sisters, one father and son, 3 husbands and wifes and lots of friends after the weekend. It always amazes me how much people who come to an Appleseed seem to hit it off just like old friends.
We also had a very good amature photographer on the line who shot his camera about as much as he shot his rifle. So we should have some very good pics coming.

Thanks for everyone that made it off the couch this weekend.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

scowens

What a shoot!  This was my first Appleseed, and not my last.  If you are thinking of learning a rifle, or YOUR rifle, yourself, and YOUR Heritage, this is the place to start.  Instructors very helpful, fun and engaging.  My two biggest regrets were that this was only two days for both the firing line and the history, and that I didn't make Rifleman.  What Mudcat put in, is all correct.  To this U.S. Solder there; God Bless.

Thanks to Mudcat, Surplus, XD, Bull and Riflegirl.  Hey Bull, that offer still stands on that rifle!

See you all next time.

Steve

visionary 1

Photos of the Evansville Red Brush Appleseed Shoot can be seen at the following site:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39064462@N04/sets/72157622304484571/

If you wish to download photos, click on the "all sizes" tab at the upper left corner of the photo.  This will enlarge the photo and give you options to download various sizes of the photo.  Feel free to share this link.  The only copyright protection I have on the photos is that they cannot be sold.

Thanks,
Dennis Swan

"Advanced amateur photographer"