News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chillicothe 9/09!!!!!

Started by Garand69, September 08, 2009, 08:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand69

Chillicothe 3-Day ROCKS!!!!!!!!

Quite possibly the best shoot that I have attended thus far  O0

I didn't get home until about 10PM (Pappy's was on the way home and the truck is so used to turning that way it's hard to fight it!) and  I am running out the door to work and to drop off film so I just started this thread and I'll jump in when I get home..

Highlights.......

Castle Mountin hits Rifleman with a bolt gun!!!

Three Grand-Daughters ages 9 - ???? HIT RIFLE[Wo]MAN!!!!!! Congrats to Meanie, Mini, and Mo!!! and of course Proud Grand Pa Cliff!!!!

Garand69 finally reaches the coveted Barrista level 4  #)

Did I mention the Snipe hunt??? what about Ole" Sluefoot??? How about a new Red Hat for a Border Raider from the North?? Yep there is a whole bunch more to come.

Stay Tuned Fellow Appleseeders.

Same Rifleman Time....Same Rifleman Channel!!!
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

hawkhavn

G69 et al,

Sounds like a grand shoot, can't wait for the details!

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Klippefurt

O0 What an event! Another 3-day Apple Seed at Chillicothe, and my three granddaughters all became Riflemen (or is it Riflewomen???). Anyway, we again had some great instructors and much fun was had by all. My three granddaughters (Meany, Miney, and Mo) talked everyone's ears off, and had the time of their lives at the same time. Their ages are 9, 15, and 16, and they are typical teenage girls. But these three can shoot!
Thanks to The Guy and his orange hats! We hope you can all come back on Memorial Day Weekend next year.
Klippefurt
:~

bobapunk

I know I will be there, maybe even bring the wife along this time!

Patriot Gal

What a great Appleseed!   :~  It was my third shoot and by far the most relaxed one. (They have all been great) It was wonderful to see the three young boys and three young ladies doing some fantastic shooting!!!  Sorry that we couldn't stay for the 3rd day.  I was thrilled to hear that Meanie, Miney and Mo all made Rifleman!!!  So teriffic!!   ;D  I'm sure they are thrilled!  What a wonderful Grampa to bring his grand-daughters.   O0

Garand, I loved your sons.  They were so well mannered and focused on their shooting.  It was rewarding to me just to be able to watch them having such a good time.  You should be proud - I know you are!!! O

Congrats to our new Red Hat!! Deacon, yes? 

My husband, Castle Mountain, is still on a bubble, having achieved Rifleman.  He now loves his bolt gun after all.  ;)

Looking forward to doing it again up in Bonfield.  We're all signed, sealed and ready to attend.  We're actively working to recruit my Deputy Sheriff brother along with some of his buddies from Kankakee County to attend.  Keep your fingers crossed.

We appreciate all the instructors who took the time to share their experience and love of country with us.

See you soon,
Patriot Gal (you can call me "Gal")

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

bobapunk

Here is a quick pic I snapped of "the Guy" giving some one on one instruction:

Trisha

This does sound like a great shoot, and I wish I could have been a border raider along with Deacon.

Congratulations to Deacon for receiving that coveted Red Hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know you deserve it.

Congrats to the 4 new Riflemen! and 3 of them were young ladies?!?!?!?!?!? Wow good job everyone!

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Trisha on September 09, 2009, 11:15:47 AM
This does sound like a great shoot, and I wish I could have been a border raider along with Deacon.

Congratulations to Deacon for receiving that coveted Red Hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know you deserve it.

Congrats to the 4 new Riflemen! and 3 of them were young ladies?!?!?!?!?!? Wow good job everyone!

HEAR, HEAR!!!
THREE HUZZAH'S FOR DEACON

HUZZA! HUZZA! HUZZAH!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Boba Fett

Wow! Way to go Deacon.  ;D I had no idea I was riding around in the truck of a soon-to-be Red Hat last Friday night. Well done sir  O0
I sure do hope to see you again soon somewhere here in IL. It would also be nice to see you in Osage next month if you can swing it.

PS. Did they give you a real Red Hat or one of those Red Boonies instead?

BF

Robbvious

Good On Ya, Deacon!

Note the pink font.  Borrowed from Colycat....
...in the event of Great Britain attempting to force unjust laws upon us by the strength of arms, our cause we leave to Heaven and our rifles. - Hanover Association, Lancaster County, PA 1774

EEL

Deacon,
Congrats on the Hat!!!!!  Wish I coulda been there.  Coly must be beamin' about now.   @)   You have done him and the State of Wisconsin proud!

Hope to work with you again real soon on the Trail!!   O0

Nicely done, Nicely done

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

The Guy

Well, I had a great time.

Still waiting on Garand's snipe hunt/sleufoot story.  Should be a good one when it finally hits.

We had a new IIT show up, Boba Punk, and he brought his sister-in-law (sorry boy's, she has a boyfriend!!).  It was good to meet him, and good to know that the Illinois(ucks) gang is larger than before.

Patriot Gal and Castle Mountain Kept things lively at the far right, a real pleasure to see husband and wife enjoying such a practical activity like shooting together.  Well met, and looking forward to the next.

Klippefurt, our BTOG at Chilli brought hs own blessing (and curse!!  LOL!) for all three days, his granddaughters, Meanie, Miniey and Mo.  15-16-9 ages.  -I think-, anyway, they did him proud, all three at a Rifleman score by the en of day three.  Meanie also took a turn at my M14 and Garand's AR. Talk about a grin when she got done.  Mo took a bath, ala water bottle, after hitting a 210 for her score, and Miniey stood in for ol' Mother Batherick and admonished our "grenader", filled in by Garand.

Priceless.

Once again, Chilli is a hot spot in Illinois(ucks).  This keeps up with fantastic folks like this, and I will have to stop say t like that.....

Appleseed, taking the sucks out of Illinoi....LOL!!

The Guy

Did I mention Deacon?

He did some History, and did fine.

He taught IMC, and did fine.

He taught most everything, and did fine.

I got to coach shooters, drink coffee, and eat ice cream.

Shoot, if that don't make someone Red Hat qualified, I don't know what does.....

Congrats Brother.

Keep the faith,

Guy

Boba Fett

Boba Punk? BOBA PUNK? When did they let him out of prison?

I guess the cat's out of the proverbial bag now. Yes... I have a brother. He's always been the black sheep of the family  ++) and has always been bitter  !@#) about me getting the part in Star Wars instead of him because I was/am the better shot.  :P  We haven't talked since then and that was what... 29 years ago? Oh Well! I guess it's time to bury the hatchet... seeings how we're now going to have to work together on this Appleseed stuff. Shoot me a PM BP and we'll do lunch or something.

Later,
BF

dragonfly

Congrats Deacon,
                      that Dangerous Old man is looking down with a big old grin. Good job brother.

Congrats to the 4 new Rifleman(Riflewoman).

Hope to see you all on the trail soon.

dragonfly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

jrturbo

Nice job Deacon!  Good to hear that you got your red hat. 
Tribuo mihi licentia vel tribuo mihi nex.
If Appleseed is not about making a difference in this country, starting at the local level, then we are nothing more than a distraction that will lead to the loss of our inheritance.

Deacon

Well I did this once already but the message timed out when I tried to post some pics and it erased everything. :'(...so I will try again.

Patriot Gal...YOU can really shoot.  It doesn't matter if it is your Ruger .22 or or AK.  Any target down range from you is going to have holes very close together.  Great job!  It was nice talking to you and your husband Castle Mountain.  Now Mr. Mountain,  you sir are a machine with that .17HMR BOLT Rifle.  You earned every stitch of thread on that Rifleman's patch.  I was watching you work that bolt and find your NPOA.  You had a great Rifleman's score and a nice target.  Now I know it can be done with a bolt - I have seen it!  You are a wealth of knowledge and your history is insightful.  Keep up the great shooting!

Mr. Garand.  You have some pretty special boys.  They are like the Energizer Bunny...they kept shooting, kept shooting, kept shooting.  Donald was so brave when we were on the hunt for the "Sluefoot".  When he thought that "The Guy" was taken (and eaten) by the Sluefoot, he bravely came out there with me in the dark woods to "get him back".  Now that is courage.  Now young Mr. Lars......he was smart and held down the fort until we returned!
And Garand, you make a darn good breakfast....nothing like corned beef hash and scramble eggs while calling the line!  Someones got to be the cook!  They might as well be good at it! **)

BobaPunk, it was nice working with you.  Use the cheat sheats and maybe come up to Lodi in October?

Ok, now for Meanie, Minie, and Mo.  I think I learned more from you girls this weekend then you learned from me...You three girls are the definition of "Rifleman".  Determination, mad skillz, and a great attitude!  All three took instruction extremely well.  As soon as they found out that the "I-can't-do-it-because-I-am-a-girl" thing wouldn't work with us, they buckled down and did it!  I know they will grow up to be fine young ladies!  Thank you Grandpa for bringing them.  They don't realize just yet what you have done for them!

Thanks The Guy, Colycat, Eel, Trisha, Aftermath, BobaFett, Robbvious, Pappy, Dragonfly, Ahhshoot, Bedford, Revellie, The Editor, Sheepdog, Garand, Old Glory, and JrTurbo.  You all have dropped Appleseeds on the trail that I picked up and planted. The Red Hat is an awful big hat to "fill".  I have a lot a work to do and I will do my best!   O0

I think I have a theory.....now work with me a minute.  I think that Wisconsin IIT's are getting their RedHats in Illinois because they (Eel and Garand) have some masterplan to annex the southern half of Wisconsin and reaname it "Illinoisconsin"  If they plant "Illinois" RedHats in southern Wisconsin, then when the day comes, they have already won the "hearts and minds" of those RedHats!  They think we will be "sympathizers"  and just take control of our State!

Coly, you better watch out......you may have a new address soon......Baraboo, IL 60610!

I have been up for too many hours and feel a little.. ++)...

Looking forward to next years shoot at Chillicothe!

Thanks,
-Deacon

The Guy

Now that is a happy pic.....

Notice the new fasion for fall, the "Rifle Woman" look..... O0

Deacon

More pictures.

The Guy

And she never saw it comming..... >:D

That jacket dry out yet Deacon?

Deacon

That jacket dry out yet Deacon?
[/quote]

Oh, Yes......it dried out just fine!
I bet those girls are still grinning ear to ear! ;D

colycat

Good Grief Guy, 

Why are you always promoting my IIT's.  Does everyone from behind the chedder curtain have to be promoted by an IL instructor,  and a Master Instructor  at that.  Thank you.

Deacon, Well done.

Coly
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

bobapunk

Shooting an M1A barefoot; now that is something that you don't see everyday!

Deacon

Thanks Copycat!  Its a good thing my next two shoots are in Wisconsin...I brought back a horrible twitch from south of the border!

Deacon

That's Colycat....damn thumbs on my blackberry!

The Guy

I like Copycat though...LOL!!

And yes, any one get the pic of the barefoot Meanie shooting my 14?

Old Glory!

Deacon, you slacker!  Shoot Rifleman on 4-19 and it takes all the way until 9-9 to get your Red Hat?!  Sheesh! 

All kidding aside, you are a NATURAL born Appleseed Instructor.  Not that you didn't work hard to earn that Red Hat (and you've got the laminations to prove it!), but for some it just seems ingrained!  Maybe it's like the "gift of gab".   Whatever - you've got it, and we are all glad that you have stepped up to share it as an instructor and leader.  Guy,  thanks for affixing the Red Hat.  I think you are diggin all this working with the shooters, eating ice cream, drinking coffee.....seems to agree with you.

Cool new fall Rifle Woman fashion.  <:) 8)  Hope to meet you, Gal, and the rest of the IL ladies.
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

bobapunk

The Guy,

Deacon posted the barefoot/M14 pic on page one!

The Guy

I see....on dial up at home, only the first pic came through....  figures.

Deacon

Thanks Old Glory!
It helps to be surrounded by REALLY good instructors!
-Deacon