News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manchester, TN Sept 5 & 6, 2009

Started by Big Papa, September 07, 2009, 01:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Papa

Another wonderful weekend at AEDC! Beautiful fall weather, great temperatures, and a little rain. A great group of Americans came to learn about the history of April 19, 1775 and work on their marksmanship too! Two new Riflemen are amongst us!
Skills improved all weekend as the scores reflected.
It was great to see old friends again and make some new ones.
Congratulations to Dave for taking the Seventh Step and picking up a Orange hat.
Jayson  :~ :~ led his team in winning the Parkers Revenge contest.
Brandon :~ :~ served as the "designated sniper" and  both were an inspiration to all in attendence.
The seven women on the line were fine examples of perseverence for the rest of us. Thank you for being there!
Patch or no patch, you still have to cook! - Big Mama

bagel

Great BIG thanks to Big Papa and Big Mama, with the dramatic history lessons and fiery spirit.  Of course all the other instructors were on top of it too: Mudcat, Appalacious, Dave, [name I've forgotten but he has some sweet flags], and any others I forgot!

It only took me four events to earn it.  There's still plenty of room for improvement.

Fun shoot, clean range, good cover for the occasional shower we experienced, cool instructors.

I look forward to next time, and don't worry, I'll actually do some dry firing in the mean time.

Big Papa

Thanks Bagel!
The instructor with the "sweet flags" is TN Colonel. He is the BOTG at Manchester.
I didn't know you had been to that many Appleseeds. Why are you running around with out an Orange hat! &)

bagel

I'll shoot one more Appleseed and then wear an orange hat, if it please y'all : )

Akrit

This was my first Appleseed.  ;D  What an honor to meet with Big Papa and Big Mama, the other instructors and so many shooters.  The history lessons were heartfelt and in a small but VERY important way, life changing.  I've hand loaded my own pistol and rifle ammunition for plinking and hunting, spent many hours at shooting ranges tuning and sighting in rifles and become known among friends and family for my knowledge and skill with firearms.  When I arrived for this shoot I brought my learning attitude and I was not disappointed!  I can honestly say that I did not know how to aim a firearm until this event.  A special thanks to Big Mama for caring enough to keep pointing out my mistakes  &) so I could become aware of and begin to correct my years of bad habits.  O0  I can't recommend an event like this enough to anyone and everyone interested in the future of this country.  I'll be back and bring my friends and family.  THANK YOU EVERYONE for an amazing learning/training environment!!!

LILBIT:)

Oh gosh this weekend was fun. Big thanks to Big Mama and Big Papa I hope to see yall here soon. Hey you never know by the time you come back i may have that darn loop sling down :P

jaydog

This was my second Appleseed and I just wanted to thank Big Papa, Big Mama, TN Colonel, Mudcat and all the rest for a great weekend of shooting. I had a great time and learned more from this one than the first one I attended.

Big Papa

Manchester, TN

Mudcat

What a great weekend. I want to thank you all for allowing a yankee to come down to your wonderful range. TNcolonel has done Appleseed a  great favor on securing this range for our use. Great to work the the Bigs Momma and Poppa you are a great team and I believe the adds to the family aspect of the program.
Lilbit, hang in there you are right there at the door. 210 was not an easy task for any of us but once you shoot it that first time it will be much easier to get that 215, 220 and on up.
Maybe sometime when the KY. people arent looking I can sneak back down to TN. for another Appleseed. 

Mudcat
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Big Papa

We don't like for them yankees to visit more than 2 or 3 times. After that they try to stay! >:D
If they were all like you, we wouldn't have to run them off.  O0
Thanks for being there. You are welcome down my way anytime!

SomeGuy

I really appreciate all the effort you guys who organized/instructed us put in. It was my first Appleseed, and though I was only able to make one day, very informational, and I can see a remarkable improvement in my marksmanship, and knowledge of how to become a better marksman.

I hope another can be arranged there, it was well worth the drive. In one day I learned more about doing this right than I had in my entire life.

If I ever win the big lottery, I think I will make my own range though. It sure would be awesome to have Appleseed shoots in my backyard every few months!
James, RN, BSN
Proud member of:
Tennessee Firearms Association, NRA, GOA
First Appleseed - 9/5/2009

Appalacious

Quote from: Big Papa on September 08, 2009, 09:46:44 PM
We don't like for them yankees to visit more than 2 or 3 times. After that they try to stay! >:D
If they were all like you, we wouldn't have to run them off.  O0
Thanks for being there. You are welcome down my way anytime!
Amen, and amen.

Had a great time, as usual.  It's great to see alot of the shooters show up on the forum.  Hope you stick around, there's lots to learn.

2 things about this shoot in particular.

1-  I hope ya'll know how LUCKY you are to have a covered range.

2-  I think I know why GA is trying to steal TN water now.  There's gotta be something special in that water that makes ya'll shoot so straight.  :o
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

Big Papa

By the way, someone left a set of ear muffs at the range. Red and black. I have them now. Speak up and I will get them to you.

Appalacious

Quote from: Big Papa on September 10, 2009, 11:18:43 AM
By the way, someone left a set of ear muffs at the range. Red and black. I have them now. Speak up and I will get them to you.

If they look cheap, they're probably mine.  Or actually, Brent's.  Hold them hostage until he sends you his voucher.

J
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

Usagi

I left a pair there - Red muffs and black plastic connector. Mrs. Usagi had to leave early and another shooter was using them. Totally forgot about it until I read this post.