News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cloverdale, IN Jun 27/28

Started by DaveD, June 29, 2009, 10:12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveD

Another excellent shoot at Cloverdale Conservation Club.  Two wonderful ladies from the Club fed us BREAKFAST and lunch!

Saturday was hot & humid, Sunday cooler, a beautiful day
A dedicated group of shooters with 14 on line both days
Three new Rifleman on Day one and a fourth on Day two!  Great work guys.   Several others knocking on the door.

Alright guys & gals, give us your inputs

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

Bill of Rights

Four new Riflemen, camaraderie, and a good supper amongst friends. Although I could not attend the second day (and of course, it was the one with better weather!  :P) I am most pleased to see our Founders work not be in vain.

It was also my pleasure to be there when Hawkhavn exchanged Mudcat's Orange Hat for one a bit darker in color. Had I not seen him later wipe his brow, I'd have thought Hawkhavn applied superglue inside the hat as a prank to ensure it would not come off.  ;)

Can't wait for the next shoot here, in September!

Blessings,
Bill
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom,go from us in peace.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you.May your chains sit lightly upon you,& may posterity forget that you were our countrymen! Sam Adams

Mudcat

I had a great weekend that I won't forget, got to upgrade from an orange hat to a red hat. I remember my first Appleseed was right at a year ago with some of the same faces Hawkhaven and DaveD. Then I shot Rifleman and took on the orange hat a few months later with Hawk, DaveD, .5 and Brokensling who also took on the orange hat the same day as myself. I found it very fitting to be among old friends for my next step. Just as I hope to be among some of this weekends shooters when they take the next step. We had a great bunch of shooters that showed some real improvement on sunday. I saw the excitement in Jennifers eyes as she got that 199. Then Ron clearing the last redcoat target of the weekend. Daniel getting the Rifleman patch and dad oh so close. I saw the pride in his face just like it was on mine when my son got his Rifleman patch. Families spending time learning marksmanship and heritage with each other is one of the greatest parts of Appleseed.

Special thanks to Cloverdale conservation club for allowing us to use their beautiful range. Also the the ladies that served us lunch and breakfast thanks a bunch. I cannot wait to make it back for another Appleseed shoot.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Johnnyappleseed

Glad to see Indianna making Riflemen O0.
I was at the Lafayette AS 4-19 + You Indianna folks are great!
Hi Bill of Rights,nice to see you again. Say Hi for me to all the others who helped so much on the Lafayette shoot. It was pleasure to meet each +every one of you.
Semper Fidelis
JA
Mudcat , congratulations on your "Red Hat"
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Bill 3

Sorry about the wait......

To see all of them or get a full res image, click this link:  http://www2.hosley.com/AS/Cloverdale0609/index.html

- WRWIII

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

yellowhousejake

I thought you got a picture of Jennifer's NPOA target? fFive shots inside an inch with her eyes closed, amazing. I would not have believed it before I attended an Appleseed.

DAve
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Bill 3

Let me check the originals.  Thought I had that as well.
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

techres

Look at that Red hat on Mudcat, we need to bleach out some of that color with days of training in the sun!  Congrats man...

Looks like you all had a great time, and I would like to see that NPOA target as well.  I have seen it done, but a pic would be awesome.

Sorry I could not be there, what a great day.  And 4 Riflemen to boot, wow!
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

crazyhorse

I knew brokensling had a camera and was taking pictures, but I never imagined quite so many.  And my family thinks I take a lot of pictures.  But thanks for letting us see them and I loved that sunrise to get the weekend started.  Hope to see some (or all) of you again on the 15th at the mini.