News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Castle Rock shoot June 13

Started by Kratos, June 14, 2009, 03:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kratos

I am proud to say that after shooting a 183 on the first AQT today, I was given excellent feedback from RL, Kool Aid, and Woody, and when I incorporated their suggestions into my 2nd AQT today, I scored a 211 and earned my Rifleman patch!!!  I am not satisfied with 211 and believe I am perfectly capable of scoring 230+, so I will be working on that.  It took me 3 Appleseeds and some shooting in the forest to get my HW right, and to fix my SW (me, the majority of the errors).

My goal since my first Appleseed in December in the snow at Wade's DAR has been to earn my patch and become an instructor because I believe in what Appleseed teaches and the people doing the teaching.  I can now take the next step, and will definitely help others around me earn their patch and bring some people to an Appleseed.

Thank you Wade for hosting the event - none of it could have happened without your generosity and love of liberty.
Thank you RL for the suggestion on a seated position.
Thank you Woody for your trigger finger suggestion.
Thank you Kool Aid for your suggestion about my support hand.

Wade

Thank you for comeing to the shoot and Thank you even more for stepping up to take on the Orange Hat of IIT and picking up a bucket to bail  or help man the Bilge Pump (bilge pump = Dedacated Appleseed Range).

Thank you to all who came with out you comeing to the Range the work here would have been done fornot.

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

RL

Good shooting. A rifleman persists! It's amazing how little teeny subtleties in a position can make or break an AQT.
...and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people.
John Adams, from the Boston Gazette, February 6, 1775

We live, my dear soul, in an age of trial. What will be the consequence, I know not.
John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 1774.

LTR

213's on Sunday. Thanks for having us Wade.

tdow

LTR,

Nice work!!!  It was a pleasure meeting and shooting with you (I was the guy with the camo M14).  Were you the one with the blown primers?  If so I may be able to steer you to some M14 reloading resources.  It is one of the trickier guns to reload.  Hope to see you at another Appleseed.

Kratos, good to see that you are not going to sit on your laurels.  211 is a good score, but the thing goes all the way up to 250 right?  Maybe we will meet with shiny new orange hats next time.

--tdow

LTR

Quote from: tdow on June 17, 2009, 02:43:52 PM

Nice work!!!  It was a pleasure meeting and shooting with you (I was the guy with the camo M14). 

Your shooting is a thing of beauty. (Gives me much to shoot for). I love that camo job. I've got a glass stock coming from Fred, I thought I would catch up with you and see how you did it.

Quote from: tdowWere you the one with the blown primers?  If so I may be able to steer you to some M14 reloading resources.  It is one of the trickier guns to reload. 

Yea that was me. I had purchased that stuff at the May gun show at the Expo. I took it back on Friday and they refunded my money no problem. I think I will stick to NATO surplus. It is still available - I just try not to think of how much it costs.  Was able to pick up some Portugal stuff on Friday.

Am going to try to make the 4th at Wades. Maybe help the Instructors on Saturday and shoot on Sunday. Have to talk to Wheeler.

Kratos

2 weeks ago I realized that the eye relief on my scope was bad in that I had to pull my head towards the butt of the stock to get full picture, and this is how I shot my 211!  No wonder my neck was sore the next day.  I moved my scope forward about 1.25" inches and now I can put my head/neck/cheek in a far more natural position and have proper eye relief with full sight picture.  I am convinced I can shoot a 225+ and will work for that.

Son-of-1775

Quote from: LTR on June 23, 2009, 07:17:27 PM
Quote from: tdow on June 17, 2009, 02:43:52 PM

Nice work!!!  It was a pleasure meeting and shooting with you (I was the guy with the camo M14). 

Your shooting is a thing of beauty. (Gives me much to shoot for). I love that camo job. I've got a glass stock coming from Fred, I thought I would catch up with you and see how you did it.

Quote from: tdowWere you the one with the blown primers?  If so I may be able to steer you to some M14 reloading resources.  It is one of the trickier guns to reload. 

Yea that was me. I had purchased that stuff at the May gun show at the Expo. I took it back on Friday and they refunded my money no problem. I think I will stick to NATO surplus. It is still available - I just try not to think of how much it costs.  Was able to pick up some Portugal stuff on Friday.

Am going to try to make the 4th at Wades. Maybe help the Instructors on Saturday and shoot on Sunday. Have to talk to Wheeler.

I have a home camo-ed stock from Freds as well.. they make a great base for a weather resistant M1A. I did mine using natural vegetation such as ferns for the templates. Even the detachable high power scope is camo 
"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. ... Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible instrument of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American" Tench Coxe 1788.