News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Auburn, IN AAR

Started by resdep, May 18, 2009, 06:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resdep

A great time was had by one and all in Auburn, IN at the Auburn Conservation Club on May 16 & 17. . We had 22 shooters on Saturday and 18 on Sunday. It rained light but steady Saturday morning but after lunch it cleared. Sunday was BEEEAUTFUL. I think we had 2 Riflemen. We had shooters from all around NE IN.
The IIT's did a great job and I heard many compliments at the end of the day Sunday. The Guy was, well The Guy. He not only helps with instructing the shooters he helped this IIT gather a little patience in dealing with a slightly difficult young shooter. This particular young (11 year old) man was attending with his mother,(the family that shoots together stays together) and had never fired a gun. Somehow this IIT got the privilege? of helping this younster. He started out being quite troublesome and had a lousy attitude. He and his mom both had gun troubles but we found some loaners. He struggled during Saturday and when he shot his first AQT he scored an 80. Now for a beginner that's not too bad but for this kid that was amazing. The talent is there. I assured him he had the ability to shoot a 120 on Sunday. His best AQT on Sunday was a 170. Oh me of little faith. All the agravation was worth the smile on his onery little face.
The club has already said they would welcome more AS. They were impressed with what they saw.
I sent the flier to the local newspaper 2 weeks before the shoot and the Outdoor editor wrote the flier to look like a news story and had the whole thing in the paper. She asked for an AAR and pictures afterwards and she is going to do another story.
Special thanks to Hooters Billy and 17Chap for helping set up Friday night. 17Chap took pictures and as soon as I figure out how I'll post them.

A great weekend of Appleseed with great IITs and Shoot Boss, (no sucking up here).

resdep

dean

It was a great learning experience. The Guy and all the IIT's did a great job keeping everyone safe and teaching the basics. The history stories were eye opening.  Next time I go, it will be for the full two days, but I will bring different ammo for my M1 Garand.  That Greek Olympic ammo sure makes a fireball.  Thanks to all...

Hooters Billy

I had a good time over on the East side of the State. Donuts in the morning and hot lunches for the purpose of raising money for the kids was awesome.

HB
"There is no greater evil then willful ignorance," ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Advice on life from Fred himself to me on 6-21-09:
"If you hope to be a good looking corps, you better hurry up and die soon!"

CQ CQ CQ de KC9MTP

J Jessup

Pics:

17Chap