Author Topic: ATTENTION NEW ORANGE HATS/IITs  (Read 35506 times)

Offline dwarven1

• designated Shoot Boss
  • Starksboro, VT
Re: ATTENTION NEW ORANGE HATS/IITs
« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2011, 04:58:36 PM »
I was asked to pick up an orange hat this past weekend - October 8 and 9, 2011 - at Idaho's first Ladyseed in Coeur d'Alene.  I am eagerly anticipating helping out, learning all I can, and giving back to this terrific organization that has given me so much!

Now, THAT'S a cool avatar, BrassyLassie!

What is that - .22LR and .223 alternating on the outside, with .380ACP/9mm and .45 in the center?
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Offline BrassyLassie

• Instructor In Training 2
« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2011, 09:48:54 PM »
Yes indeed, dwarven1.  Good eye!  And thanks!  :)

Offline George Hacker

• designated Shoot Boss
  • The instructor formerly known as "ShadowMan"
« Reply #122 on: October 12, 2011, 10:11:07 PM »
Ammo art is a beautiful thing.   ;D

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Offline dwarven1

• designated Shoot Boss
  • Starksboro, VT
« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2011, 05:07:19 PM »
Ammo art is a beautiful thing.   ;D

- ShadowMan

Yes, it is.

I have no relation to Jeni other than being a happy customer. (check the links out in my first line...)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 05:09:49 PM by dwarven1 »
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Offline PPCShooter1

• Instructor In Training 1
« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2011, 09:04:49 AM »
Got my orange hat yesterday in Biloxi, MS, my 2nd Appleseed.  My first was the weekend before at the Mobile, AL Appleseed where I shot RM twice.

Marty
People are more passionately opposed to wearing fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than bikers.

Offline Psych Doc

• designated Shoot Boss
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2011, 02:00:15 AM »
Congrats and welcome Marty!

Offline dronning

• Instructor in Training
« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2011, 12:31:04 PM »
Both proud and honored to receive an Orange Hat at Hinkley, MN this past weekend.  Shot RM with iron sights on first 2 AQT's.  My 1st RM (scoped) was shot on day 2 at Rochester MN, Oct 1-2 event.  Looking forward to the journey of learning and helping.

Dave

Offline NhLibertas

• RWVA Instructor
« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2011, 09:55:56 PM »
Honored to accept the orange hat at a winterseed in Enfield, NH today 12/11/11 from John Barnes (firewall99).

I came into Appleseed unqualified beyond 100 yards, and shot a 246 rifleman after committing to the training. I am amazed and blessed for the service of everyone who has brought this teaching to our countrymen (and women!), and am proud to carry forth the tradition.
"Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. Liberty is a man-of-war, and we are all crew." ~ Kenneth W. Royce

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live, taking the form of readiness to die. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Roverace

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2011, 06:28:18 PM »
I took a orange hat at my third appleseed( first winterseed) this past weekend at Mannheim,PA . Finally made rifleman with iron sights. I am excited to help out with this awesome program.My first two appleseed were October and November Mannheim,PA 2011

Gary

Offline Jaffer789

« Reply #129 on: December 25, 2011, 02:01:30 AM »
[Spammer banned]  - techres
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 09:37:27 AM by techres »

Offline KARDIAK KID

• designated Shoot Boss
  • AKA Creasybear
« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2012, 10:13:28 PM »
Hey Seeders, I took an Orange Hat at RBC Ramsuer 2/12 and worked 2 seeds, I cn't seem to sign in for upcoming seeds. can anyone help? Thanks
Dusty old helmet, rusty old gun,
They sit in the corner and wait –
Two souvenirs of the Second World War
That have withstood the time, and the hate.
Many times I’ve wanted to ask them –
And now that we’re here all alone,
Relics all three of a long ago war –
Where has freedom gone?
Mute witness to a time of much trouble,
Where kill or be killed was the law –
Were these implements used with high honor?
What was the glory they saw?
Freedom flies in your heart like an eagle.
Let it soar with the winds high above
Among the spirits of soldiers now sleeping,
Guard it with care and with love.
I salute my old friends in the corner.
I agree with all they have said –
And if the moment of truth comes tomorrow,
I’ll be free, or By God, I’ll be dead!
Audie Murphy

Offline Sly223

• designated Shoot Boss
  • Those who stand by and do nothing shall have it!
« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2012, 04:36:23 PM »
Try State coordinator,they might contact local moderator.
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Offline Foppish Dandy

• RWVA Instructor
  • Rifleman: Piru - 3.24.12 RedHat: Piru - 6.16.12
« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2012, 05:19:50 PM »
Hey Seeders, I took an Orange Hat at RBC Ramsuer 2/12 and worked 2 seeds, I cn't seem to sign in for upcoming seeds. can anyone help? Thanks

How are you trying to sign up... you sending the message to Instructor Scheduling? Or are you trying to leave a comment on the sticky-thread?

FD
Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

Offline dbur

• Instructor in Training
« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2012, 04:56:05 PM »
Hi folks,
I earned my rifleman in feb at the corona appleseed and was accelerated into the  IIT orange hat program last weekend. I know everyone is busy, but could someone update my status and send me a link to the instructors manual so i can prepare for the next event.

Thanks to SavageShootr and Frances for letting me have some range time as well!
As for biscuit and fd...i am on to your shenanigans.....payback when you least expect it :-D

Offline Fred

• Master Instructor
« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2012, 04:58:54 PM »
   New IITs.

First, thank you for signing up.  We hope you will continue your growth with us in the near future.  Together, all our little bits can combine into one BIG bit.

There is such a flury of activity at the Appleseeds, that even new IITs can fall through the cracks.  Help us help you for a moment, if you please.

If you do not see "Instructor In Training" under your screen name within the next week, please post here, on this thread, so that someone with administrative powers can fix the oversight.

Send a PM to dond, and make sure to include the Shoot Boss, in the TO: block, for the event where you volunteered at. Saves time, as I do check. Nickle

We need to know who you are, so we can help you help us.

Thanks again for joining the Appleseed Team.

Someday that Instructor inspiring the next generation will be you.

Guy
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"We had no more deadly enemy than divisiveness..."  Wm Brinkley, The Last Ship

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Offline Foppish Dandy

• RWVA Instructor
  • Rifleman: Piru - 3.24.12 RedHat: Piru - 6.16.12
« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2012, 06:38:48 PM »
Hey hey hey now... I called em as I saw em. There were no shenanigans from me!

Hi folks,
I earned my rifleman in feb at the corona appleseed and was accelerated into the  IIT orange hat program last weekend. I know everyone is busy, but could someone update my status and send me a link to the instructors manual so i can prepare for the next event.

Thanks to SavageShootr and Frances for letting me have some range time as well!
As for biscuit and fd...i am on to your shenanigans.....payback when you least expect it :-D
Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

Offline RIjake

• Yankee Redneck
« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2012, 04:29:44 PM »
I've been having some problems posting on the board for a while.  For some reason There was no reply button even though I was logged in.  Anyway, seems to be working now.

I got my first Rifleman in May of '09 at Proctor, VT.  Second was at Harvard in '10 and was given my Orange hat by Fred there.  2011 was tough for me due to building my camp in Maine.

I'm back now.  I'll be at Harvard this weekend for my first shoot as an IIT.

Offline RIjake

• Yankee Redneck
« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2012, 05:05:50 PM »
I went back in the AAR and found Buzzworth was the ShootBoss at my first shoot and Crak was at the second.  Not sure the scores on either one. 

Offline RIjake

• Yankee Redneck
« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2012, 09:43:57 AM »
 :sos:Not sure if anyone reads these threads or not but I need a moderator or administrator to contact me by email.  I have NO ACCESS to private messaging and am unable to post on any other threads.  I'm trying to stay involved with this organization and become an IIT but these forum issues have been going on for way too long now and frankly I'm ready to give up.  I have emailed and other members have emailed people who are supposed to be able to help but so far no good.  Meanwhile I'm getting PMs from someone asking me if I still want to be active.  Are you freakin kidding me?  Yea, too bad I can't respond to the guy. 

Anyway sorry to vent here but it's the only place I'm allowed to post

Offline dwarven1

• designated Shoot Boss
  • Starksboro, VT
« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2012, 11:32:38 AM »
:sos:Not sure if anyone reads these threads or not but I need a moderator or administrator to contact me by email.  I have NO ACCESS to private messaging and am unable to post on any other threads.  I'm trying to stay involved with this organization and become an IIT but these forum issues have been going on for way too long now and frankly I'm ready to give up.  I have emailed and other members have emailed people who are supposed to be able to help but so far no good.  Meanwhile I'm getting PMs from someone asking me if I still want to be active.  Are you freakin kidding me?  Yea, too bad I can't respond to the guy. 

Anyway sorry to vent here but it's the only place I'm allowed to post

I hear ya.

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Offline RIjake

• Yankee Redneck
« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2012, 09:56:23 AM »
still nothing. .......... :wb:

Offline George Hacker

• designated Shoot Boss
« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2012, 10:31:54 AM »
still nothing. .......... :wb:
Rljake,

I'll help you out.  So you are an orange hat that missed the roll call?  Send me an e-mail (NWPromo@appleseedinfo.org) with the following info:

Real name
Forum name
Phone #
State you live in (so I know which SC to follow up with)
When/where you shot rifleman
Other Appleseeds you attended (when/where)

Briefly write a letter asking to become active as an instructor in training and that you on board with the mission of Project Appleseed.

I will forward your e-mail to the appropriate State Coordinator.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

Offline RIjake

• Yankee Redneck
« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2012, 02:54:54 PM »
It's not just the IIT info, my forum activities are locked down with the exception of this thread.  Can't post, can't PM, can't read any instructor info.

Offline George Hacker

• designated Shoot Boss
« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2012, 03:01:54 PM »
It's not just the IIT info, my forum activities are locked down with the exception of this thread.  Can't post, can't PM, can't read any instructor info.
That's most likely because you don't have Instructor in Training status in the forums.  Next to your avatar I see you as "Newbie" but I don't see "Instructor in Training" so your access is limited.  This status may have changed because of the roll call done at the first of the year.  It required all instructors and IITs to affirm that they were going to continue to volunteer with the program.  If you missed the notice, then your account lost its IIT access/privileges.

So... since you can't PM, I would suggest that you e-mail your information to NWPromo and I'll forward it to your State Coordinator so things can get straightened out.  If you agree with the mission of Project Appleseed and want to serve as an IIT, then your SC can work with you to get that straightened out.

- ShadowMan

Offline resq2piper

• Instructor in Training
  • Three Percenter!
« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2012, 05:03:38 PM »
Hello everyone,
I attended my 2nd Appleseed this weekend in Promfret CT, and earned my "Rifleman" patch and was asked if I would like to be an instructor, I gladly took on the responsibility and said yes!
My first shoot was in Harvard, Ma on June 21/22, 2012. Missed it with a score of 206  :wb:
Came home and for the next couple of weeks practice everything I learned and it paid off!  O0
Looking forward to helping as much as I can and hope to help get the Rhode Island Appleseed Project moving around these parts.
Watch Your "6" and keep your powder dry!

Offline dwarven1

• designated Shoot Boss
  • Starksboro, VT
« Reply #145 on: May 08, 2012, 04:14:30 PM »
'
Jake,

We know about it - I'm talking with Nickle and Hawkhavn about this on PMs. Remember that we all have other jobs (that they expect us to do or not get paid!), please!

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Offline RIjake

• Yankee Redneck
« Reply #146 on: May 08, 2012, 09:22:12 PM »
OK, Standing by!

Offline RIjake

• Yankee Redneck
« Reply #147 on: May 25, 2012, 11:15:45 AM »
Still waiting...

Can't someone just email the RI coordinator rather than wait for him to check his PM?

Offline jarhead45

• Instructor in Training
« Reply #148 on: October 21, 2012, 07:07:59 PM »
Just received my orange hat this last weekend. Oct 20 - shot a 236 I think it was. Old - cant remember.

Offline PaxxAZ

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #149 on: October 21, 2012, 07:14:42 PM »
Welcome on JarHead45, very respectable score.

There are many things talked about that make the people of the US
different; being riflemen is one, asking why is another, as is getting
what needs doing done.

-Me 2011