Author Topic: ATTENTION NEW ORANGE HATS/IITs  (Read 38160 times)

Offline Guy

• Simplicity and Precision in all things
  • Instructor In Training 3
  • RBC 2!! Old Fool From The Old School!!
ATTENTION NEW ORANGE HATS/IITs
« on: April 21, 2009, 02:25:00 PM »
   New IITs.

First, thank you for signing up.  We hope you will continue your growth with us in the near future.  Together, all our little bits can combine into one BIG bit.

There is such a flury of activity at the Appleseeds, that even new IITs can fall through the cracks.  Help us help you for a moment, if you please.

If you do not see "Instructor In Training" under your screen name within the next week, please post here, on this thread, so that someone with administrative powers can fix the oversight.

Send a PM to dond, and make sure to include the Shoot Boss, in the TO: block, for the event where you volunteered at. Saves time, as I do check. Nickle

We need to know who you are, so we can help you help us.

Thanks again for joining the Appleseed Team.

Someday that Instructor inspiring the next generation will be you.

Guy
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 11:40:47 PM by CortJestir »

Offline Patriot

• Inactive Instructor
Re: ATTENTION NEW ORANGE HATS/IITs
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 03:04:11 PM »
Thanks my son and i are just two of the nine and we are eager to assist others achieve what we have accomplished.  i know there is a lot we need to learn as well.

Thanks

Patriot.

Offline Guy

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 03:14:22 PM »
Done.

Thanks Patriot.

Time to start signing up for events.  Maybe one day our paths will cross.

Offline asminuteman

• designated Shoot Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 04:26:31 PM »
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 08:51:52 PM by asminuteman »
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

Offline Guy

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 05:15:47 PM »
Done.

Listed you as a generic IIT.

As you continue, Progress Checks will be made, and you will advance.  That is not my department(ish) so if you have done some, you need to pm the Instructor who gave them to you and figure out where your rank is actually at.

Good luck, and maybe meet you someday.

Guy

Offline Guy

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 05:44:55 PM »
By The Way.....

Some of the shoots may have had less than a full complement of Orange Hats.  It has come to my attention that a few full Instructors may not have their Red Hats yet.

If you signed up as an IIT and do not have the orange hat (or are a hat less Red Hat), you need to contact the ShootBoss of the next event you will attend to requisition the appropriate hat for you in the box of supplies for the shoot in question.

If all else fails, in three weeks or so I will be home, and may be able to take care of you.  BUT ONLY AFTER YOU HAVE TRIED YOUR SHOOT BOSS OF THE NEXT EVENT YOU WILL WORK.

You can sign up for events after looking at the Instructor Schedule here, which is only visible to Instructors and IITs.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=2601.0

Follow the instructions on the very first post.  You can also find the name of your ShootBoss here as well.

If all else fails, contact me (via PM) and I will see what I can do for you.

Guy

also, I have no idea what a full complement of hats is.  More than likely, so many Americans stepped up at your shoot we ran out.

Doesn't that sound like a good problem to have?

Doesn't that make you Proud to be one of those good folks?

G

Offline SavageShootr

• Inactive Instructor
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 06:50:59 PM »
The Guy,

Thank You for adding ASminuteman to the IIT list. He shot RM on Feb 21 with a 222 score. He received the hat from Bob 210. He did help out at the Patriot Day AS at Piru, CA.

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Offline Nickle

• Master Instructor
  • Graduate of "Appleseed Trail"
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 07:26:50 PM »
The Guy,

Thank You for adding ASminuteman to the IIT list. He shot RM on Feb 21 with a 222 score. He received the hat from Bob 210. He did help out at the Patriot Day AS at Piru, CA.

~SS

He said he attended the march IBC, so, an evaluation from the Shoot Boss this weekend as to what level to assess is in order.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

Offline Nickle

• Master Instructor
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 07:28:42 PM »
New IIT's, if you aren't seeing "Instructor In Training" under your user name, PM me, and let me know which event, and your AQT score, so we get you picked up properly.

So you know, the "Newbie" under that listing is generated by forum posts, which, on this forum, mean absolutely nothing.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Offline T-Bolt

• Instructor In Training 1
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 12:03:41 AM »
Became IIT last saturday along with patriot and uncle red.

Offline Cookie

• Instructor In Training 1
  • Would you rather be happy? Or right?
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 03:46:14 PM »
I became a Rifleman on April 19, 2009 what an honor! Thank you Nickle for changing my status. I am now 1 in 4 IITs in my family ;D
There are people who try to be cool but it is those who lead the way that actually are. -Words of Ethan Stites

When you react to something in a negative manner, be it anger or fear. You just failed the Ego Ball & Dummy. -Spoken by Fred at the IL AIBC 7/24/2011

This planet is a test. If it wasn't then there would be intelligent humans. -Fred

Offline ATM

• Inactive Instructor
  • Will sing for sammiches
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 07:49:02 PM »
I shot RM and raised my hand to become an IIT at the Lafayette, IN shoot. They ran out of orange hats and RM patches... which is fantastic!
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

Offline Apprentice

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 11:12:46 PM »
Good Day-

Just got approved to be on the Forum here (must have passed the backgroung check !) and attended the Santa Barbara, CA Appleseed on the 18th/19th.  Earned a RM Patch by Sunday afternoon, and accepted an Orange hat at the end of the day. . . .  a very fulfilling weekend to say the least ! Third try is a charm, but I could claim 'handicap' since I loaned my good rifles to the friends I had come along with me ;-)  It was worth it though, 'cause now 3 of 'em are hooked, buying their own rifles, and getting the picture about what being a Rifleman really means !

My question now is "what's next ? " I don't see any IBC's listed nearby (Piru ? ) and was told by F-Stop that there are materials somewhere to download and read - can't find them yet.  Directions / help please ?

Offline EEL

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2009, 01:06:42 AM »
Attached is a "Cheat Sheet" you might want to download, laminate, and keep with you.   ::)

I believe it has the most recent modifications.....If it doesn't.....I'm sure someone will let me know  &)   &)

Good Luck and I appreciate everyone signing on.

EEL

Edit 4/25/09
Corrected the spelling on "muzzle"    #)

Edit 4/26/09
Removed "Is the line clear?"   updated attachment

Edit 5/14/09   #)
Added "Unload and Clear"    Thanks to Bill of Rights for picking that up !! 

Edit 8/31/09
Updated Cheat sheet
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 09:36:46 PM by EEL »
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Offline Nickle

• Master Instructor
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2009, 01:15:18 AM »
Good Day-

Just got approved to be on the Forum here (must have passed the backgroung check !) and attended the Santa Barbara, CA Appleseed on the 18th/19th.  Earned a RM Patch by Sunday afternoon, and accepted an Orange hat at the end of the day. . . .  a very fulfilling weekend to say the least ! Third try is a charm, but I could claim 'handicap' since I loaned my good rifles to the friends I had come along with me ;-)  It was worth it though, 'cause now 3 of 'em are hooked, buying their own rifles, and getting the picture about what being a Rifleman really means !

My question now is "what's next ? " I don't see any IBC's listed nearby (Piru ? ) and was told by F-Stop that there are materials somewhere to download and read - can't find them yet.  Directions / help please ?

I officially made you an IIT, so now, you'll see more. Start reading, check the Instructor Schedule, and get signed up towork some events.

Offline EEL

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2009, 11:55:37 AM »
Corrected spelling on attachment.  Sorry   #)
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Offline EEL

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 06:19:03 PM »
Removed "Is the line clear?" from cheat sheet and updated the attachment

Offline AFTERMATH

• Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 06:25:56 PM »
I would extend a hearty welcome and thanks for all those who decided to step up this past weekend! O0

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Offline Marpat Whittemore

• RWVA Instructor
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 06:50:55 PM »
I am a new orange hat.
More Cowbell

Offline craigercj

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 09:34:59 AM »
WY IIT here.

Offline glocker21

• MT@Appleseedinfo.org
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 12:55:02 PM »
MT IIT here
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a self−reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese

Offline Guy

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2009, 04:04:55 PM »
craigercj,  Updated.

Glocker, took care of you last night, I think.

Guy

Offline glocker21

• MT@Appleseedinfo.org
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2009, 07:35:03 PM »
Many thanks Guy - You sir are a gentleman and a scholar

Now where did I put my milk and Oreos

craigercj,  Updated.

Glocker, took care of you last night, I think.

Guy
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a self−reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese

Offline EEL

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2009, 02:01:57 AM »
Bill of Rights noted that "Unload and Clear" was deleted when "Is the line clear" was removed.  It has been corrected.

The attachment has been updated.

Thanks B of R !!  Working together makes all our lives easier.  Then we can put our efforts into waking up Americans!

EEL

Offline The Kid

• RWVA Instructor
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 10:19:14 PM »
As others have said I would also like to thank you for starting this thread.  I am also a new Orange Hat(thank you Fred, 7.62 BBQ, and Bill).  I instructed for the last day of the Ramseur, NC Appleseed/boot camp.  I would just like to thank everyone who came out to that shoot and for the great instructing from all of the ITT's and most of all Fred, Kevin, Joe, and Bill.  You guys put on a great shoot.

Thanks again,

"the kid" AKA keaton
"I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom." Lincoln

Offline Guy

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 01:05:00 PM »
Kid,

Welcome, and your status has been changed!!

Guy

Offline Peacemaker

• Inactive Instructor
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2009, 10:27:05 PM »
I shot RM at the April Gibsonburg AS.  Wore the orange hat at the May G-Burg.  I'm looking forward to learning, growing, and helping grow the program. 
Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest.

-- From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775

Offline Redwolf

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2009, 10:22:38 PM »
I second what Kid said. The Ramseur RBC was great. To Ron, Bill thanks for giving us your time and sharing your knowledge. I have learned a lot and plan to lean more to share with other Americans. To the other orange hats, I am glad I had a chance to share the experience and hope our trails will cross again.

Offline History²

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2009, 09:07:06 AM »
I also was one of the luck ones who attended the Ramseur boot camp.Great times and an exceptional group of shooters made the week one to remember.Became a itt on wendsday and got to experience the satisfaction of helping others become riflemen like myself at the weekend appleseed.No words to describe the quality of the instruction of Ron,Bill,Kevin and Jill. Thank you all for your efforts and renewing my faith in my fellow Americans.
"If enough people get on THE LIST, it'll be a phone book"-SoM               "Don't matter whatcha got in your hands, the weapon is between your ears."-SoM

Offline CaptG

• RWVA Instructor
  • Davilla, TX 12/08
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2009, 05:10:34 PM »
I've waited a while because I knew Nickle was away, but just saw that he's back online. I'm assuming he's done w/ training for now. I shot rifleman (217) at College Station) AS 5/31 and signed up for the IIT path. It was my 3rd AS & Alonso1 was the SB.
Guy (the other)
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill