News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wabash, IN AAR

Started by resdep, April 20, 2009, 06:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resdep

Wabash was my first AS as an instructor and not a shooter. What a hoot! There were about 55 shooters on Saturday, a typically beautiful Hoosier day. On Sunday as I was driving to the range it started to rain (also typical Indiana weather) I figured there would be maybe half the shooters. Boy was I wrong. Please fellow Hoosiers forgive my lack of faith. We had almost as many Sunday, including some new shooters. I think we ended up with 9 rifleman. MightyMouse was our Shoot Boss and was great to work with.
The Wabash Sportsman Club is a great host. Thank you!
Looking forward to the Auburn, IN shoot in May. Hope to see you there.
resdep

SavageShootr

CONGRATULATIONS to ALL of the new Riflemen. WOW NINE?? IN the rain?? Great job.

Congratulations to the Instructors for pulling off such a successful AS.

Thanks for the report. Mighty hearty stock there in that region of IN.  O0

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

hawkhavn

Resdep,

Thanks for the report, been waiting on pins and needles to see how it went!

Sounds like you did a great job.

See you next month for sure.

Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Bill 3

WTG Wabash on the successful shoot and congrats to the new Riflemen.  The rain was ... ...  Almost fun... LOL

- WRWIII
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

MIGHTY MOUSE

By my count we had 15 total for the weekend.
God grants LIBERTY only to those who LOVE it and are ALWAYS ready to GUARD and DEFEND it.
-Daniel Webster

mtforge

I had shot at a high power club a few times 20 years ago but was disappointed in my abilities. Everyone else was able to shoot very well but I had trouble hitting the target and there seemed to be no interest in teaching me. But I did manage to get a Garand from the then DCM (now CMP). This weekend I found out it wasn't my lack of abilities it was lack of help/training. The instructors explained and demonstrated techniques that I was lacking. And reinforced them during the shooting times. On Sat I shot with a LTR and was able to achieve Rifleman. On Sun I switched to my Garand. I didn't score the last few AQTs on Sunday due to the rain and then the last redcoat target. When I got home and showed them to my wife she told me I needed to score the last one because it looked close. It scored 211. I greatly appreciate the instructors time and efforts in helping our group to become better shooters. I for one benefited greatly from their assistance. Thank you

hawkhavn

15 Riflemen!  That indeed is a new record for Indiana at least, not sure about nationwide but in these parts it certainly is.

mtforge and all of the other shooters,  thank you for coming out this weekend, the Hoosier arm of Appleseed is now stronger than ever.  I believe we added 20 IITs this weekend and even better, many new friends.

We're back in this neighborhood one month at Auburn, get some practice in and meet back up on 5/16-17.

Many thanks to Mighty Mouse for venturing north to help us out as well.

Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

sur+rifle

Nice job! 

At this rate it wont be long before 'rifleman's cadence' will take on a second meaning of 'a new Rifleman every three minutes'!

J Jessup

Pictures, someone out there was taking photos, we need some pics!

Thanks to everyone who helped make this possible.  I'll echo Resdep about MightyMouse being good to work for.  Also, he did one of the clearest IMC explanations I have ever seen.  Great history presentation also.  Did anyone shoot the Musket on Sunday??

As usual most of the attendees were men, but there were a good number of ladies and young folks there.  Getting the younger generation involved is wise husbandry for any Appleseeder.

Wish I had gotten everyone together for a group picture.   :(   %)

17Chap

resdep

I want to echo 17Chaps assessment of Mighty's IMC explanation. It was the easiest explantion to understand I have ever heard. One of the things that is most enjoyable about AS and for that matter the shooting sports in general is how quickly people become friends. The shooting "hook" of AS brings like minded people together but the love of country is so evident when you start to get know those you meet.

Again thanks to the Wabash club for hosting this event. They do a great job.

15 rifleman? WOW, I thought 9 was alot.

See you on the trail,
resdep

Green Dragon

I only took a few photos here they are: