News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Castle Rock WA April 18-19 2009

Started by Wheeler44, April 19, 2009, 10:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheeler44

Thirty three good people came out to the DAR and tried to unleash their inner Rifleman...Four were successful..Congrats to Todd, Craig, David and Nick... We had a couple of shooters above 200 and I think that the Instructor corps took it harder than the students when they didn't quite make it......I know that they will continue and become Riflemen soon.

The volley fire on the 233 year, 364 day anniversary of the shot heard 'round the world was great and I think that the shooters really meant it as we fired the shots in memorial of the fallen and the following "red" AQT that we fired for Truth, Liberty and Justice...

A big thanks to the Instructor corps.  Ambulancedriver, Upsetter, Earl, Mr. Wilson,  Garth Vader, Wade....You guys are the best and we are fortunate to have you......An extra big thanks to new IITs Banduki and phlii we appreciate you joining us on the Appleseed trail.......

We couldn't have had a shoot if it wasn't for Wade building us a range and dedicating it for our use...We all love ya, man and really appreciate all that you have done for us.

This Shoot Boss is tired, hoarse, dirty and sun burnt .... So I must close for now....

Thanks to everyone from the shooters to the National level, behind the scenes folks that made this possible....

Wheeler44
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

westeringsun

Thanks Wheeler44!
All of you instructors were great!  We appreciated your patience and passion for what you are doing.  This was a fantastic weekend and first Appleseed experience for us.  We are jazzed and ready to spread the word.  Thanks also to the Upsetter for the generous use of his rifle and gear that he offered to the four of us that came and to Wade for sharing his property.  We'll see you again soon.  I'll bring you some throat lozenges next time!

Retread

Patriot's Day at Castle Rock,

Wow! Our instructors were excellent. I learned so much, a lot of it (I thought, again) I already knew. I am proud to have spent this Patriot's Day weekend with so many patriotic men and women.

The shoot in memorial of our fallen forefathers was special. Truth to tell, by the last couple of shots my eyes were a tad blurry with the emotion of this sacred shoot. Thank you.

My humble thanks to Wheeler, Ambulancedriver, Upsetter, Earl, Garth Vader, Wade, Banduki and Phlii for their patience, encouragement and professionalism.

Time being tight as always, I nevertheless commit to myself, my countrymen, and my 1st class Appleseed instructors to focus as much time as necessary to "my homework" till I have thoroughly memorized all "the steps" and have my body fit to correctly contort into those (gumby-like) NPOA positions for true Rifleman shooting.

I'll be back.
Thanks so much,
Brian
OATH KEEPERS
Military, Veterans, and peace officers who will fulfill their oaths to defend the Constitution, will NOT "just follow orders," but will stand for liberty, and will save the Republic, so help us God.

06en

The FIRST Appleseed for my wife, Shawn Marie, was everything we were hoping for and then some. A big thank you to all of you instructors, who made this possible for us both. A special thanks to Wade and his family for providing the range (and the great chile Satuday night). We were taught everything we needed to know to iron out all those gremlins. We will do our part on our own skills, drum up interest a little closer to home (the 3.5 hour trip home was a killer) and get the word out. We will more than likely attend ASeed events closer but we will return to the Castle Rock range some day just because that is where it all started for the wife and I. I guess you could say there is an emotional attachment to Wade's range and all the folks there.

Regards
06en

P.S. I'm playing hooky from school today but will go to work.

AmbulanceDriver

Ya know, it's the experience of being out there with some of the best people in this country that makes it all worth while.  The sweat, the sunburn, the very sore throat, the sore muscles from trying to demonstrate positions that we haven't been in for quite some time.....  When you get to score an AQT and see a 211 (yes, he was one point away from swimming in a drainage ditch!) and you get to hear those words, "We have amongst us a man who knows very much what he is about!"  That's why.  But then we get to learn the history, and every time we get to teach the history, we learn a little more about it, and get to share something new.  We get to share the heritage of the American Rifleman with each and every attendee.  We get to share the heritage of the American PATRIOT with each an every attendee.  And to share it on this weekend, Patriot's Day, that just makes it that much more special.  So thank you.  Thank you to our host.  Thanks to the folks on the national level who put this great program together.  And thanks to every single person who decided to get up off the couch, and decided to give up that rare jewel, a sunny weekend in the Pacific NW, to lay in the dirt, smell of sweat and burnt powder, and make this country a little bit better. 

Wade

Ahem Drainage ditch  :o ?! I will have you Know that is a Riflemans 210 babtisaim Pool And Not a meer drainage ditch  &),,,Rant off...

It was A great day I We had nothen better to do,,,,think about that last line  Nothen Better to do.

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

TheUpsetter

Another great Appleseed. 

Thanks to Wade for bringing up that truckload of California sunshine.   O0

The shooters were quite persistent, focused and had very teachable attitudes.  Most were shooting .22's, we had one tube fed, a few AR's and on Sunday one of our Riflemen moved up to an M1A.  Saturday was a big drink from the firehose for all, and when we sped things up a bit to get some AQT's in that afternoon, the folks on the line realized mighty quickly why we say that Appleseed ain't easy.  All the shooters I talked with mentioned they had a great time, and I know they learned a whole lot. 

A big thanks to Banduki for bringing the black powder musket.  That really put the finishing touches on the first strike Saturday and was quite a thrill for those who got to unload some musket balls Saturday evening.

Good weather, good instructors, good shooters on a good range.  What more can you ask for?

I really appreciate folks like Leslie, John, Shawn Marie and Brian W. who persist, persist, persist.   Thanks for coming out, and please get yourselves to another Appleseed soon.

_TheUpsetter
"When matters are done leisurely, seven out of ten of them will turn out badly.  A warrior is a person who does things quickly." - Hagakure

tdow

Thanks to all the instructors for your time, expertise, and for all the history we never learned in screwl.  I definitely felt like something clicked with my shooting and I came away with something I didn't have before. 

The best part is that Kelly really had a good time and got bitten good by the shooting bug.  She's looking at getting some more 22's so we can get some of her family involved.  She's going to have to work real hard for me to allow her to buy more guns and ammo though  ;)  I have a good feeling about her making Rifleman fairly soon.

All of the participants were also great people to be around.  When I ran out of staples on the first target of the first day someone always had my back!  I hope to make it back soon.

Thanks again.

--Todd

Wheeler44

QuoteThe best part is that Kelly really had a good time and got bitten good by the shooting bug.  She's looking at getting some more 22's so we can get some of her family involved.  She's going to have to work real hard for me to allow her to buy more guns and ammo though. I have a good feeling about her making Rifleman fairly soon.
Ya know Todd.... She shot a 208.......She ain't got far to go..... I'm kinda surprised she hasn't done it yet....It has been all of three days....

Wheeler44
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

BrewerPatriot

Another mighty 'thank you' to the instructors for support and guidance, and to Wade for hosting. My wife and I would have done ourselves a huge favor by showing up with rifles properly sighted in and well rested. Despite those things, perhaps even in part because of those things, I learned a great deal. And not just about marksmanship.

I'm working on a few people to get them to attend an Appleseed; it's only a matter of time. Holy smokes, it's amazing what a couple hundred rounds deposits into the chamber of an HK. Filthy! But it kept on runnin.

See you again soon!

Abram

Earl

Pictures best shared for history sake.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

tdow

Thanks Earl  O0

That really brought back some good memories. 

--Todd